• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

android apnea training app - flow

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gregl83

Jun 1, 2017
Backstory

Two years ago I started apnea training for freediving. Within weeks I found this training to improve many aspects of my life but most importantly safety while freediving. I have used a few apnea training apps for android phones and there are some great ones on the market but at the end of the day I wanted something more tailored to my training. Additionally, I wanted to be able to add features more rapidly than apps I was using.

Solution

When time allowed I built my own and today released it on Google Play Store. I'm interested in helping make an excellent, community driven and easy-to-use app.

Android App

It's literally the first release with the minimum amount of features and I'm NOT a designer so I'm open to help from any designer out there who wants to make it prettier.

You can give it a try and see if it works well for you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protoblue.flow

Usage

There is a help included with the app that's worth a quick read. The app, for now, only includes two types of sessions with a hard number of training sets and a breath hold time calculated based off your personal best. I use and recommend the Dynamic Time session.

What's Next

Anyone who gives it a try, thanks a ton! If you like it or see potential, I'm definitely interested in your feedback,

What I'll be doing is putting together a feature list based on user feedback and my how much it will cost (time) to add those features (prioritize).

It's a lot of work to put these things together in your free time so I hope this is helpful to some other people. For me, it's now the only app I use to train and see potential for lots of awesome features.

IOS version will be available after some feedback.

Reactions: JiiPee
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT