• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another apnea walk question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

VCO

Jan 15, 2018
Hi all,

I have been doing apnea walks a few months ago with some Co2 tables and gradually reached 1:45 sec slow pace apnea walk then stopped practicing for a few months.
When I tried again last week with empty stomach I barely get 1 min and after a few trias I got only to 1.20 range.

Then the other day I went out at night to do some exercise and did 4 set of pullups ( 4x8 ) before I move to something else I changed my mind and decided to try apnea walk again.
I had eaten ~ 90 mins ago and had some meat vegetable some nuts and coffee so it wasnt the perfect time for any apnea.

in first I got 1 min and then
1:15
1:35
1:45
1:45-50 for the rest.

so 2 questions
  • how come after 3 months of no apnea walk I managed to do my PB again ? is it the pull ups stretching the chest as I had kind of full stomach , tired from the day and still managed to do a great session
  • in my 1. 30+ walks I started with 120 steps and speed up and finally get 160 step. in these walks I was getting the first string contraction ~120 steps . so 3/4 of the max I can do with 9-10 contractions. So I'm wondering how much I can push into contractions ? in rnage of seconds or number of contractions ?
What do you think?

That’s a good apnea walk workout. I can’t speak to all of your questions. I do everything on an empty stomach. I do some apnea walking but it’s less recovery time. 1:05 apnea walking then 20 sec recovery then 1:05 again repeat this 8 time. It’s not easy. I can do about a 2:00 apnea walk but that’s pushing it. What kind of time is your static holds? The two don’t always correlate it seems. I have no idea how after eating you did this well but there are times when it feels like a 1 min apnea walk is horribly difficult other times it’s very easy.

That’s a good apnea walk workout. I can’t speak to all of your questions. I do everything on an empty stomach. I do some apnea walking but it’s less recovery time. 1:05 apnea walking then 20 sec recovery then 1:05 again repeat this 8 time. It’s not easy. I can do about a 2:00 apnea walk but that’s pushing it. What kind of time is your static holds? The two don’t always correlate it seems. I have no idea how after eating you did this well but there are times when it feels like a 1 min apnea walk is horribly difficult other times it’s very easy.

my best static is 4 mins dry
my biggest barrier is my mind when doing static , I never get strong contractions like in apnea walk while doing static but still cant stand to that feeling .

I need to find a better way to relax and focus something else :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT