• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another apnea walk question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

VCO

Jan 15, 2018
Hi all,

I have been doing apnea walks a few months ago with some Co2 tables and gradually reached 1:45 sec slow pace apnea walk then stopped practicing for a few months.
When I tried again last week with empty stomach I barely get 1 min and after a few trias I got only to 1.20 range.

Then the other day I went out at night to do some exercise and did 4 set of pullups ( 4x8 ) before I move to something else I changed my mind and decided to try apnea walk again.
I had eaten ~ 90 mins ago and had some meat vegetable some nuts and coffee so it wasnt the perfect time for any apnea.

in first I got 1 min and then
1:15
1:35
1:45
1:45-50 for the rest.

so 2 questions
  • how come after 3 months of no apnea walk I managed to do my PB again ? is it the pull ups stretching the chest as I had kind of full stomach , tired from the day and still managed to do a great session
  • in my 1. 30+ walks I started with 120 steps and speed up and finally get 160 step. in these walks I was getting the first string contraction ~120 steps . so 3/4 of the max I can do with 9-10 contractions. So I'm wondering how much I can push into contractions ? in rnage of seconds or number of contractions ?
What do you think?

That’s a good apnea walk workout. I can’t speak to all of your questions. I do everything on an empty stomach. I do some apnea walking but it’s less recovery time. 1:05 apnea walking then 20 sec recovery then 1:05 again repeat this 8 time. It’s not easy. I can do about a 2:00 apnea walk but that’s pushing it. What kind of time is your static holds? The two don’t always correlate it seems. I have no idea how after eating you did this well but there are times when it feels like a 1 min apnea walk is horribly difficult other times it’s very easy.

my best static is 4 mins dry
my biggest barrier is my mind when doing static , I never get strong contractions like in apnea walk while doing static but still cant stand to that feeling .

I need to find a better way to relax and focus something else

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…