• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another interesting article

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
how can they justify the money wasted on that project, and what did that actually achieve??

I'm kind of along the same lines as brasher, to a certain extent...I mean, why didn't they answer more questions that I had in mind?

Take for instance:

How much of a push-off does one get from the wall?

What works better? a monofin or bifins?

How comparitively slowly would a weight sled work?

What kind of splash does it make when you cannonball from the high dive?

How much force would one need to clear one's snorkel

Should one fill fluid goggles with syrup to see correctly?

Does one get "confectioner's ear" if not careful?

Is a syrup swimmer faster in a pair of sweedo's?

Instead of pruning, does one's skin sugarplum instead?

In the event that one had to "cut the cheese" (so to speak), would one have ample amount of time to swim away from the incriminating area before the bubbles surfaced?

A. Why did Brian Gettelfinger swim in the syrup after Mr. Wonka explicitly warned him and the rest of the tour not to?

B. Do you think Gettlefinger was tempted with Slugworth's bounty for his Everlasting Gobstopper anyway?

C. If all those Oompa Loompas were supposedly certified in Lifeguarding, how come they all goosestepped around the pool with that judgmental song they always elude to, while Gettlefinger was being sucked into the drain?

"Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompadee dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get when your teacher smokes pot
He spends your tuition proving diddley squat
All to disprove Sir Newton's surmise
Maybe he'll get the No..bel.......prize

This guy must have tenure

Oompa Loompa Doompadee da
I'd like to shatter Cussler's jaw
You don't have to clean up this goo
Like the Oompa Loompa Doompady do"

Reactions: DeepThought
I make fun of Oompa Loompas, but let's not forget 2003 World Championships, when a once unknown Oompa Loompa broke a world record.

Attachments

• oompa mersion.jpg
    oompa mersion.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Alison
Wow I can't belive it. U should be slower because of more resistance. I guess u make it up because U get out more from each stroke, maybe? But that would mean that u have to work more and get tired faster.

That's what I think...You know, for such an troublesome amount of work trying to prove or disprove laws of viscuosity, they didn't have much data to show for it in that article...Neat story, though. I would've totally have to had used the pool that night for a giant snot-pool party. What's better than syrup-glistened college girls, I ask?

Actually, that's a pretty good question....I think some experiments are in order. I'd better compile a list of possiblities. Oh the things I'll have to do for the sake of science....

sinkweight said:
That's what I think...You know, for such an troublesome amount of work trying to prove or disprove laws of viscuosity, they didn't have much data to show for it in that article...Neat story, though. I would've totally have to had used the pool that night for a giant snot-pool party. What's better than syrup-glistened college girls, I ask?

Actually, that's a pretty good question....I think some experiments are in order. I'd better compile a list of possiblities. Oh the things I'll have to do for the sake of science....

I'm voulenteering for helping. :cool:

Reactions: sinkweight
Good. I hope you don't mind wearing a white lab coat.

What I mean to say is, that you'll ONLY be wearing a white lab coat.

No problemo ;).

I'll be selecting the girsl and insturcting them it the lab coat for starters...

Sounds like a wery good experiment... Could make a simulation at home in the toube... Gotta ask the girls haha.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT