• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

answer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Originally posted by shaneshac
The rail only made the gun quieter. The Alluminum muzzle holds the shaft very close to the barrel so the rail did not change the spears trajectory.

One question Murat: Why do you want such a powerful gun in Cyprus?

Then why Alluminium shoots lower? May be you just shot longer distance so spear fall down at certain point. You know it, but i didn't got it why it shoot low.

I don't need such a powerfull gun in Cyprus. I am wondering why they need it in greece?:)

Ivan,

Did you tried Totem's video to get opinion what it looks like hunting in med? Maay be Shane gives you some review about them. I would like to hear as well.
;)

hi

Thanks Shane just what I needed :cool: Im angry cos I have been checking all these cool websites about hunting in the med but they are always in Italian and other languages :duh Its frustrating I wish you could also put them in english.

Murat If you can read Italian check out I think its something like apneamagazine.com or something along those lines. Looks like the right stuff

cheers

hi

Shane I just checked out that site and man that video 40m deep has my name written all over it. I will ring the shop on monday and see if they can get it in or maybe I will have to buy on the net which I have never done before :hmm

Have you seen that video if so how good is it, sounds like my cup of tea ie deep spearing

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

Thanks Shane just what I needed :cool: Im angry cos I have been checking all these cool websites about hunting in the med but they are always in Italian and other languages :duh Its frustrating I wish you could also put them in english.

Murat If you can read Italian check out I think its something like apneamagazine.com or something along those lines. Looks like the right stuff

cheers

Who? Me? Italian?. Mambo italiano macaroni spagetti rofl rofl

hi

Nah Murat I thought you Euro guys could kinda understand eachother's languages a bit.

BTW have you seen the movie im talking about, check out the site Shane mentioned.

cheers

Both Alberto March's videos are excellent.

You should see the "Deep Ambush" video from Dapiran (L'aguatto Profondo)

The guy catches everything from a couple of bream to a 50 kilo tuna with a 106 cm eurogun.

Had to dive to 47 meters to give the tuna a second shot. Used his RIB as a bouy.

Originally posted by ivan
hi

Nah Murat I thought you Euro guys could kinda understand eachother's languages a bit.

BTW have you seen the movie im talking about, check out the site Shane mentioned.

cheers

Yeah you are right, i understand english a bit:eek:

Which movie you are talking about? There is 10 movie right there.

Well....

Last year i heard a local spero shot two tuna in one day. One weighted 150kg other is 40kg. He used OMER but don't know which model. My cousin told me the story. He said that guy dove to 50 meter and shoot the fishes from downside directly to head.So the shaft penetrate through the gills.First i did not belive it. But after reading Shane's story about Tuna...... I don't know. Why these guys don't report those catches. Probably they don't aware of the net?

Anyway, Shane did you watched Totem's movies?

hi

On the Picasso America site there is 6 movies. The first one is called 40 meters deep that is the one with Alberto in it.

Shane you got a website for that other movie "Deep Ambush" 47m :cool:

cheers

Gimme a few minutes. I am goin to check if my dealer has any spearfishing movie:D

hi

Murat I just checked your link, ive already been to that section. Its only a small amount in english the rest is in another language and I that is where all the good info is.

BTW the site www.marcobardi.com would also be good if it was in english he seems to have a book out or something when you click on where it says manual :hmm

cheers

I think most people don't know they can apply for a world record.

Most times the fish would fail the criteria as your fishing partner gives you a hand if needed (ie a second shot)

The totem mpeg on the site don't show much. The Tahiti mpeg I think could be improved. Double banded speargun for a small bream. Overkill I think.

I have not watched the full Totem video though!

hi

Shotting Tuna at 47-50m water :duh You Euro guys are freaks man :t

cheers

Does it matter wheather you shoot the tuna in 1 meter of water or 50 meter of water? It shouldn't as long as you drop the gun as soon as you shoot.That why they use float right? Not mentioning tangling.

Does anyone knows about Fabio Antonelli movies?

Hey Shane,

Why did you decided to buy Dapiran but not Totem? Is it better?

Well...

I just looked picasso web site. I noticed carbon coated shafts. Does any of you using it? Does it achive what its advertise?

I first saw this year ago in Quentin's web page from New Zeland. probably he sold the idea to Picasso.

hi

Murat im sure if the Tuna was in 1m he would have shot it or anyone for that matter, but I imagine they are found in deeper water in the Med ??. So can you or I shoot that same tuna at 47m on a breathold :hmm I very much doubt it and that is what puts him above most.

Learning how to find fish in your local area is something that we all learn with time, I was always taught to call this fish sense ie the ability to find fish by using all your knowlege and gut feelings about YOUR area on the day.

Most spearos can stalk fish good enough and easy enough in shallower water, but it would take a super human effort to shoot those fish in 47m of water. Its very easy to say yeah this guy shot a Tuna in 47m of water so what, just think about how hard that would be :cool:

cheers

hi

Fabio Antoni is one of Italy's top spearos, if I remember correctly he placed 3rd individually at Zadar (Croatia) back in 98.

I have never used a Carbon shaft but some "Old mates" ive mine have and said they snapped easily, something about being to brittle :duh

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT