• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any UK spearo underwater attacks?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
PASTOOORRRRRRRRRR :)

Good to see you back on even if its fleeting. Hope it sorts itself out soon. What is causing the problem? Not healing?
Did a lot of damage when it hit me, a bit like a bullet I suppose. It did a bit of muscle damage but it got badly infected with sheep dip or something months after it happened. I think it's largely fixed now, certainly there's only a triangular scar about 3 inch long to be seen now. I have been diving in the Red sea earlier in the month but I'm not up to any spearing yet, probably just scrap this season and build up for next year, get some serious sheep worrying in over the winter rofl

Podge me old mucker! Finished me PhD back in 2006, been Woking ever since then as chief welly tester for Dunlop, the new "Sprint" model and the new "Mud Runner" specially designed for the Welsh mountain games rofl
Been a while since I was last in sadly, I heard a snorkeller found a missing person floating in one of my favourite Bass gulleys and wondered if it was anyone from here who had found him. Thankfully not it seems, wouldn't wish that on a dog.

Did a lot of damage when it hit me, a bit like a bullet I suppose. It did a bit of muscle damage but it got badly infected with sheep dip or something months after it happened.......... probably just scrap this season and build up for next year, get some serious sheep worrying in over the winter rofl

Yeah mate, I know you like the kinky in the bath with them stuff but keep it dry. Just go for the old velcro gloves and oversize wellies to stick their feet in jobby you used to like :)

Catch up soon bud hope you do get in this year

And on a serious note careful with compressed air and Freediving ascents its a recipe for a decent fatal embolism.

And on a serious note careful with compressed air and Freediving ascents its a recipe for a decent fatal embolism.

Agree. Unless you know scuba, best not use compressed air. Lung expansion damage etc...not pretty. Have to say though, the gill net story does make a can like this feel useful...

Don't worry fellas, I'm not panicking about attacks etc, just wondering about it, that's all.

As for the Spare Air, I suppose I'd seriously consider one as a back up the the event of getting caught in the water, purely as a last safety option not, as a way of improving my dive times.

I'm a pretty experienced scuba diver too, so I am aware of the risk of rapid ascent and compressed air.

Steve (Apneaboy) you should know that I'm not risk adverse, at the weekend I was in a car with you driving

Sure if you want to walk around on the bottom... pretty hard to breath up in that :)

And just imagine the rust!! :)

Had an underwater attack of bad wind once!:confused: Terrified at the thought I may well have inadvertently spat mud I surfaced, it thankfully only inflated my suit a little and then bubbled its way up to my hood but upon release it did stangle me on the surface! I was not fatally wounded.....but I was nearly sick! :yack ;)

A Spare Air could've helped you out of that potentially dangerous situation.

it was the possibility of poo in my suit that frightened me the most! :confused:

it was the possibility of poo in my suit that frightened me the most! :confused:

Yeti gis a bell about the Farnes mate its still on.

I heard a story about a drysuited caver sh****** himself on a long dive once, he had slightly fluid faecal evacuations which apparently got into every single nuck and cranny in the suit. Glad I didn't have to open that for him :)

Steve (Apneaboy) you should know that I'm not risk adverse, at the weekend I was in a car with you driving

I didn't even get close enough to knock those two small antenna things off that you have on the side of the car for feeling your way around traffic so I consider that level of driving prudent.

@ Podge. Mate even being in the car with a manc and a scouser (jay) we couldn't have got that tight gets wallet off him!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT