• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Apnoe Walking as a Warm-up for Dynamics?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

O'Boy

Aug 27, 2002
What do you think of using Apnoe Walk in Warm-up for Dynamics?
Since I do all my preparation for Dynamic out of water (I don't like cold) I used to prepare for the attempt with series of dry statics.
Now I'm experimenting with Apnoe walk because it is just the best way for me to get myself to the max.
I've come to this idea after doing regular Apnoe Walking training. I got my new PB(210 steps) after series of 3 Apnoe walks. With each next walk I could get further. There was some real pain in my legs(lactic acid) after each of the walks but seemed not to harm my next attempt.
I used this method in my last competition and got the result I wanted. Looks like it's working for me.
What do you think of it?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. The reason a lot of people incl myself do dry static as a warmup is to 1. stay warm and 2 safe the legs for later.
Dry walks seems at first glance to violate nr.2

Anybody else has some experience with drywalks as warmup ?
If so , how much / long / hard ?

O´boy, you said you did over 200 steps.. That sounds good, how long does it take you to walk that far??

It took me 1'48". I was experimenting with the pace and found out that quicker one is better for me. That same day I did 200 steps in 2'02". Anyway, the amount of steps or time doesn't matter. What does is the distance you reach.

I was able to reach much better result with quicker pace(no running). I was doing these experiments with the pace after I saw Dynamic WR of Peter Pedersen and his steady 100m/1'00" pace.

Problem with saving the legs:
Yes. The pain after each walk is incredible and I wonder how am I able to perform next one and even with better result. Seems that my body is very successful in dealing with higher amounts of Lactic acid. The rest between the walks is usually 5'00". Lactic acid itself can be used as a source of energy when modified with lactat-dehydrogenase(enzime) in the heart(I think). I am not sure if that plays some role too.

Yes, I count both legs. The number is relative even for me if it's not done on the same track.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT