• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Are the lungs identical?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

neshamah

CFD Group
Jun 2, 2003
No, the rigth lung is shorter than the left by one inch ( 2.5 centimeters); However, its total capacity is greater. The rigth lung has three lobes, the left lung has two.

How much air does a person breathe in lifetime ?

During his or her life, the average person will breathe about 75 million gallons ( 284 million liters) of air. Per minutemthe human body needs two gallons (7.5 liters) when lying down, four gallons ( 15 liters) when sitting , six gallons ( 23 liters) when walking, 12 gallons ( 45 liters) or more when running.)

How hard does the heart work?

The heart squeezes out about two ounces ( 71 grams) of blood at every beat and daily pumps at least 2,500 gallons ( 9,450 liters) of blood. On the average, the adult heart beats 70 to 75 times a minute. The rate of the heartbeat is determined in part by the size of the organism. Generally the smaller the size ,the faster the heartbeat. The women's hearts beat six to eigth beats per minutes faster than men's hearts do . At birth the heart of a baby can beat as fast as 130 times per minutes.

What si the amount of carbon dioxide found in normal blood?

Carbon dioxide normally ranges from 19 to 50 millimeters per liter in arterial blood adn 22 to 30 millimeters per liter in venous blood

Wow, there's a bunch of things I didn't know. :)

Maybe something to use as icebreaker at the local pub... "Hey did you know the human heart...". :D

Interesting about the lungs though. What are lobes? And how come three of those lobes makes a lung shorter than if it had just two?

And...uh.. hang on a minute, how come I am missing a rib on the left side??

Man, I should never have read this thread.

un poco de ciencia

Tommy you made me laugh brother... I din't know this until I read a science answer book,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey di you find yo rib?

wich chemical constitute the human body?

Element Percent

Oxygen 65.0
Carbon 18.5
Hydrogen 9.5
Calcium 3.3
Phosphorous 1.0

Potassium , sulfur,sodion, cholorine, and magnesium each occur 0.35 % or less. There are also traces of iron ,cobalt,copper, manganese,iodine,zinc, fluorine, boron, auminiun, molybdenum, silicon, chromium, and selenium

How does the body introduce OXYGEN to the blood and where does this happen?

Blood entering the rigth side of the heart( right auricle or atrium) contains carbon dioxide, a waste product of the body. The blood travels to the rigth evntricle, wich pushes it through the pulmonary artery to the lungs. In the lungs ,the carbon dioxide is removed and oxygen is added to the blood. Then travels through the pulmonary vein carrying the fresh oxygen to the left side of the heart, first to the left auricle where it goes through a one -way valve into the left evntricle, whic must push the oxygenated blood to all protions of the body( exept the lungs) through a network of arteries and capillaries , the left ventricle must contract with six times the forces of the right venticle,so its muscle wall is twiceas thick as the right

Toomy I finish with this do you know how many muscle I took when you made me laugh?

Seventeen muscles

" By his wisdom and knowledge the Lord created heaven and earth by his understanding he let the ocean break loose and clouds release the rain"
Proverbs 3:19

saludos

Last edited:
Average time in minutes

How does the breath-holding capability of a human compare with other mamals?

Mammal Average time in minutes

Human 1
Polarr bear 1.5
freedivers 8------I don't know exacly
Sea
Sea otter 5
Platypus 10
Muskrat 12
Hippopotamus 15
Sea cow 16
Beaver 20
Porpoise 15
Seal 15 to 28
Greenland whale 60
Sperm whale 90
Bottlenose whale 120

hi

I dont think the average for freedivers would be 8min ;)

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

I dont think the average for freedivers would be 8min ;)

cheers

Yes that's truth Ivan..if human average is 1 minutes the human freediver average will be . be 2 or 3 minutes NOT SURE

......8 and something IS THE MAXIMO

Saludos

Daniel.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT