• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

are there any freediving courses out there :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
those diveR fins are the ones i want, but are $520 with footpockets, i guess ill save up when i get back from overseas :)

I'm sorry!!! I didn't understand that Diver was the fins name.

Pardon me!!!

For sure u can use Cressi Gara 3000 or Mares razor for scuba diving!!!

Dear Luked,

You are a beginner! Therefore, it's better for you to save the money. You can start with fins less expensive and you will upgrade them when you will go deeper than 20 metres.

Hi All,

I've just joined this website (great by the way) and am looking to get into the freediving world.

My plan is to turn freediving (for me) into a disciplined hobby as from what I make of it, it is a sport requiring such and this suits the type of person I am (or try to be...).

I spearfish every summer, and occasionally go scuba diving but it is all currently very recreational. I've got my open water cert but I like the freedom of no tanks and LOVE the concept of 40M+ dives on a single breath.

This forum looks like the most appropriate to make this post as I am similarly looking to find a course and I am a novice.

I have no idea on the techniques used to get these times underwater as I have also been given the information that it is harder to correct someone that has learned or been trained badly than learn from scratch. (as a result have just steered clear of the temptation)

I have always figured that one day I would do it properly & I have allocated 6ish weeks to doing so.

I have been to Ko-tao before and seen the dive community down there and thought it was a pretty good place to keep in mind.

If there are other places in Asia that are like this (or better) I would love to hear about them.

I plan to leave in about a month or so &would love any ideas or suggestions on places, reputable training etc.

Financial considerations that are steering me to Ko-Tao are things like course price, Living cost of area, cost of return flights from Australia.

Non financial factors which are equally as important to me are the reputation of the course and instructor.

I have ordered the Manual of Freediving and will start doing a bit of light reading over the next couple of weeks.

Any information or guides on places\prices\preparation\equipment or people would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I'd go for the Apnea Total course if I was you. I did their beginner and advanced course and often dream of doing the longer term course. Cheap living there and a very relaxing place.

I'm very jealous, good luck!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT