• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Avoiding snot syndrome????

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Well your first open water experience is allways a start. But not too worry youll find youll learn alot here by just browsing through discussions and before long find yourself in a position where something you read or learned can help a fellow member.
Hows your progress on the frenzel comin along??

Gee, Sanso, over here we have a saying - 'if you've got nothing useful to say- don't say anything at all'
I have a good relationship with my ! key and take great pride in alllowing it to contribute towards my expression in writing!!!
- just kidding.

Deep thinker - it's all good stuff and I'm taking it on board - no doubt I shall be an expert soon!!

Sanso!! you have given me hope as a beginner!!!
It must be our German blood!! - well mine is only half!!
Meine Mutter ist Deutch, abler wir haben immer in Rngland gewohnt!!
Meine Oma hat in eine klieing ort in Deutchland gewohnt in der nahe von Berlin.

Linda, I'm quite confused about the wing thing?? are you a chicken trying to equalise??
Bring back DiverTodd with his step by step instructions for those with less imagination!!!

Well, not that I can be called the most brave person in the world but in this case wing means that I'm diving with a wing instead of a stabjacket

Of course you have a fan Divertodd!!!:inlove

Talc powder dude!!! works for me anyway
mind you I have a wet suit not sure its a free diving suit - I'm not even intelligent enough to know if theres a difference or not!! lol:confused:

Awww, a fan! Cool! Oh, you'd know the difference between wetsuits...you have to LUBE UP to get into a freediving wetsuit! lol Well, one that's open-cell inside and outside, at least... :D

Todd

Well todd, I had my first dry suit orientation yesterday as our waters over here are so cold!! - my god, I lost all sensation in lower half!!!
I felt as though I was in a fencing suit!! I have an open water weekend tomorrow!! I think its sink or swim time for me!!
I asked one of my instructers about the Frenzel and he gave me a blank look!! Is it a well known fact? or a passed on secret??

All tips very greatfully received... Arms in first and then the head or other way round!?

I've found that, once the suit is thoroughly lubed up, put the pants on first, they're the easiest! As for the top...

Get your hands through the sleeves, one at a time (as each hand comes through, I rub that excess lube on my shoulders) , and carefully stroke the sleeves up to almost your shoulders; be sure you have enough room to get your head in without over-stretching the suit! Once your head is in, carefully work your head through the neck hole. Then, it's just a matter of shrugging your shoulders into place, and then grabbing the lower edge of the top and carefully guiding it down. :)

Todd

Last edited:
Interesting - for my smoothskin out/open in suit I do head first - then left and right arms in that order.

Sorry, I did not follow this thread and am lazy to read it all - is it discussing using snot as a lubrificator for the wetsuit? That sounds to be indeed an original and quite ecologic idea! :D

Last edited:
LOL, I was wondering WHEN that was going to come up; snot as lube. However, for that, I think you'd need that brachiosaurus from Jurassic Park. BLEAH!

Todd

Reactions: bdurrett
I am a boogie girl too rofl rofl
but if it gets snotty i blow them out so it doesnt freak me or the student out :yack
(i once had a student who refused to do it, and his eyebrows, eyelashes and the whole lot were layered in greenies :yack :yack )
...snot very nice;)
Dairy consumption is definitely a factor - along with a bunch of other stuff.:
Is it due to something in the milk or hormones used to increase production? I know a mother in the US that only gives her daughter organic milk because she fears hormones in regular milk may cause her daughter to reach puberty early (and all that that entails).
Yeah - I think snotty chicks are hot :cool:
rofl Yuko! (...but its true, they really are;)).

DiverTodd, re: "Wearing my favorite fragrance; Neoprene, by Yamamoto!"
I got a whiff of my wetsuit today & it turned my stomach...it is clean & just smells of neoprene, but it instantly brought to mind the nausia I sometimes get diving in bad viz in choppy conditions. It could be apprehension -- subconcious preparation for the imminant start of season. Your association is obviously a lot more positive than mine (what have you been up to?! ;))

Last edited:
My God guys, I'm away for a few days and my whole thread goes to pot!!!
Whats this talk about snot as lube!!! - Divertodd!!!! you are to blame for this!!
I'm now certified!!! Open water weekend was quite a shocker!!!
and as for snot, I'm sure there was plenty of that too!! :friday

Reactions: bdurrett
Hey, I'm not the one who took it there! lol. But seriously, the whole thing about me enjoying the smell of my wetsuit; as the smell of neoprene reminds you of nausea, the unique smell of my freediving wetsuit reminds me of the GREAT time I had in it in Miami with PFI. And I'm looking forward to MORE fun in it with them in Grand Cayman....in TWENTY DAYS!! Woo hoo!!

Todd

Man, i'm with you on the neoprene thing!!!A distingishing smell that purely reminds me of scuba!! - not sure where the vomit thing comes from - but not from me!! I have been hanging my dry suit in an encolosed closet purely to open to door and be overcome by the fragrance!!! lol
PFI ??? tell me more!!

Geeeez...I just joined this forum today and found this thread on snot...56 posts...unbelieveable. You are all my kind of people. I definitely will look up frenzel. Tania75...I'm just starting my drysuit certification, definitely need it here.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT