• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[b]we Want Iya Back!![/b]

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi

Iya good to have you back mate, And my eyes lit up when I read Doggies at 150 you so gotta tell me about it. Now all we gotta do is get Abri back as well :confused:

Im sorry that someone gave you negative karma for something nice that you said to me, anyways I appreciated your's and everyone's friendly comments.

Over here mate things are looking good with the big Mackeral's, on the last weekend my old school line fisho uncle caught a 40kg Spanish mackeral which measured 225cm, im picking his brains out for the exact spot :D

cheers

Reactions: OceanSwimmer
Nice to see you again in the forum Iya, there maybe more than 1 sick person on this forum but is this the solution to o out of the forum.Because of this I am very glad to see you again..
Aydýn

Reactions: OceanSwimmer
Thanks, Iya :)

Cingene said it very well (thanks, Cin!)
------and I'll second that w/an addition of my own :eek:

Nice to see you in the DB Forum again.
It is great to know you are well and working hard.
I would just like to say (and I think it's from the majority of the people in this forum) that we miss you!
Your posts have improved the art of spearfishing tremendously.
I would like to thank you as an individual for your selfless contributions and for just being a good friend to all of us who subscribe to this forum.
And one more thing dude---------->>>>> We love ya, man!

Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance.

Be well,
OceanSwimmer/Cynthia

Selamat kembali, teman. Aku pikir Bapak Surya orang yang penting sekali di Deeper Blue. Kamu punya banyak orang yang suka belajar dari "Master Spearo".
Jangan pergi lagi ;)
Selamat minum,
Erik Y.

Good to see you're still around

Iya, I'm glad you're alright and still available. We miss you on Spearboard too. I'm still irked by the ill treatment you received from that one FL creep and his drones. You're stance was explicity clear and untarnished, while that other guy had a MAJOR chip on his shoulder. Best wishes! Oh, one more thing, you may want to change your mind about freediving for pelagics. Check out the recent "Another unusual catch" post on Spearboard. It's has a picture of Sheri and her tuna (world record pending?) that is poster material. I'm now even more motivated to work on my freediving and spearfishing skills. Thank goodness for sites like DeeperBlue and Spearboard.

Extremely grateful to everyone...I really mean everyone..:thank you for the kind words and motivation

Terima Kasih Bapak Erik, kamu baik sekali.

Me Lady ( Cynthia ) how are you ? Sorry gentlemen, I can resist writing to a lady... :D

Warmly,
IYA

...struggling through the zone :)

Hi IYA,
Thanks for asking:
I am happy to say I had a great time at the Ab-Grab 2003 hosted by icarus pacific in Sonoma.
It was my intro to 48F degree water!!! Hoo-eee! I was warm, thanks to a great Picasso 7mm termic suit...no abs scored by this girl, but the kelp down-lines are indeed great for practice and experience. [You can check the group pic under 'Sven's Ab-Grab 2003 topic, as well as the evil photoshop Shadowkiller did in the November Contest...]
I did a shore dive Sunday in Del Mar with a friend and actually shot a RA to get the feel of a gun in hand :eek:
It certainly brought back memories....my father taught me how to safely handle firearms at around 7 or 8 years of age.
.....But the truth is I need to get comfortable with the gear, weights, etc. before seriously going to the next stage.
--- Being a roughwater swimmer means being comfortable with less gear, so this is a new challenge for me. I'm working at it. If I get into the water three times a week, I'll be happy.
Like any rank beginner, I need time and practice.
--- But I must say I was excited to spot fish while holding a gun...

How is the family doing? Well, I hope !
Keep us posted Iya.
BTW....I also read your very good post and pics of float use on spearboard.com
As usual, you are a wonderful teacher: I learn something every time you post about guns or gear. Keep it up; I predict you will be ready to write a good book (complete w/ illustrations) on hunting before the decade is over. Hmmm...not a bad idea, eh, gang?
(Look out, Terry Maas!)
Be well,
OceanSwimmer

Hey Iya,
Great to hear form ya again. Funny after all th etalk around here about you and I pick up a diving mag and who's standing there w/ a 88# Doggie in a Riffe ad??? Any guesses. Our one and only Iya. Congrats man, good to have you back.
Jay

Reactions: Cingene
Watch it on the short jokes. :) We may be vertically deprived but our hearts are big.:hmm

Don,

Yea, my king looks like a 100 lb'r. Too bad it only weighed 45.

Iya,

Glad to have you back!

Scott

Remember you're talkin' to a computer challenged person here. It's in a magazine. How do I get it on here? I guess if I could find a digi camera I could take a pic. The mag may be online, it's Florida Scuba News V 20, Number 9.

Jay,
Man you need a scanner! They are less than $100 from any place like Best Buy and plug into the USB port. They are so simple compared to what they used to be 5-years ago. Another option is to wait until you need to replace your printer and get a combination color InkJet, scanner, copier, and fax machine. The quality of those has improved to where they are close in performance to the better stand-alone units. I bought mine a few years ago for $350 and the quality rivals my works $5,000 color laser printer.

In the mean time, ask around and see if someone has a scanner. If not you can go to Kinkos and get it done for a few dollars.
don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT