• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bands length

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fert

Sep 11, 2003
Hi,

I've a 75cm with 16mm bands. At the first notch, the power is terrible but a way better at the second notch. I want to know if it's a good thing to switch to 20mm bands and what length should I use. BTW, it's a Sporasub Viper, 6.5mm shaft, original 16mm bands.

You can swap to 20mm bands without a problem and your gun should feel more powerful. I calculate my band sizes by dividing the barrel size to 4. (75cm / 4 = 18,75 ~19cm).

Reactions: TOOmas
try shortning your bands first you should be able to go around 16cms with your 16mm rubbers but then i dont know how strong you are (no offence) so shorten a few centimeters at a time

depends on what you are hunting, some med. sea fishes can be hunt easier with 16mm and 6mm shaft. Like sargo and spinefoot.

I had a Beuchat Mundial Elite whith 6.5mm shaft and 20mmblack rubber 25cm long.
The gun was not powerfull enough so I tried using 18mm 22cm long and was satisfied( but not fully)
The gun is no lost but if I had to use 20mm rubbers, I think I would choose 22cm ones
PS:the Beuchat trigger mechanism is supposed to be quiet strong(I've had no problem even with double bands) and capable of supporting 20mm rubber bands; I've no idea about sporasub