• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bands length

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fert

Sep 11, 2003
Hi,

I've a 75cm with 16mm bands. At the first notch, the power is terrible but a way better at the second notch. I want to know if it's a good thing to switch to 20mm bands and what length should I use. BTW, it's a Sporasub Viper, 6.5mm shaft, original 16mm bands.

You can swap to 20mm bands without a problem and your gun should feel more powerful. I calculate my band sizes by dividing the barrel size to 4. (75cm / 4 = 18,75 ~19cm).

Reactions: TOOmas
try shortning your bands first you should be able to go around 16cms with your 16mm rubbers but then i dont know how strong you are (no offence) so shorten a few centimeters at a time

depends on what you are hunting, some med. sea fishes can be hunt easier with 16mm and 6mm shaft. Like sargo and spinefoot.

I had a Beuchat Mundial Elite whith 6.5mm shaft and 20mmblack rubber 25cm long.
The gun was not powerfull enough so I tried using 18mm 22cm long and was satisfied( but not fully)
The gun is no lost but if I had to use 20mm rubbers, I think I would choose 22cm ones
PS:the Beuchat trigger mechanism is supposed to be quiet strong(I've had no problem even with double bands) and capable of supporting 20mm rubber bands; I've no idea about sporasub

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT