• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Barrel Flex !!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the link (e-mail adress) you gave:cool:

I wrote them about the my trigger mech problem and i got response says:

Dear Mr. Murat Hacimuratlar,
I'm sincerely sorry for the problem you found in the new T20 gun.
To solve it, I will send free of charge a complete trigger mechanism for your gun. Effectively in the first production of new T20 guns we had a problem in the trigger mechanism and now this problem has been solved.
The shipment to Shevketoglu will leave from OMER at the beginning of next week by air. I think Mr. Shevketoglu will receive it in maximum 15 days.
I'm sincerely sorry for the trouble and I tank-you very much.
Best regards
Lorenzo Borri

Well this trigger mech problem ruined valuable hours of spearing but i am happy with OMER service and care. When i got the mech. i will be even more happier:D

Sounds like Omer try and get their products out so soon , they all have a problem on their first batch. Same happened to the Omer Alluminum.

I wonder if the Master America has the same problem?

I don't think anybody will pay 460 euro to find it has problem or not. Its better to wait a little...

It is also good to see that Murat's T20 problem will have been solved.We will be waiting for your replies Murat with your new trigger mechanism.,because I've heard and see another deficiency With T20..

Yes Aydýn, i will write comments about new mech. when i got it.

Hope my new T20, doesnt have any defects...:hmm
How do you know if it does or not if you dont go hunting with it?
I would love to find out before it is time to go hunting in the early spring...?

Pekka

Pull th trigger few times and if its stuck in one of the try then it has problem. Also pull the trigger and hold it that position for few seconds to see if its stuck or not. But i am not sure if this test works before any load to the mech. I tested mine now and it stucks.

Memo,
I used one of your pics to demonstrate the barrel flex on another site. Thought you should know. Will gladly remove if you desire. Should have checked with you first.

It was a very intriguing picture/study and I appriciate the time and effort you put into it.

No prob. RabiDeath, I am glad that those pictures help you and many people :)

thanks for asking me :)

Murat another problem comes with the T20 is,
if you tightly make your line,the line releasing notch(eðer ipi çok ama çok gergin yaparsan ip býrakma dili þiþi yukarýya itiyor buda tetiði çok sertleþtiriyor,ÞÝÞ KOLAY KOLAY BIRAKILMIYOR) rise the spear and make some difficulty and hardening of the trigger release..Please try this with a little pressure of the line releasing notch then pull the trigger and another guy will try to pull the spear out..
Sorry for the English and faults,I think you can understand...

Thanks Aydýn, since this line release system is connected to the mech. it may have effect.

HMMMMM!!!!

So its safe to say that the T20 is not all its cracked up to be. Seems to be a reoccurring problem with Omer products these days.:(

well, I trust Omer but every brand has some bad stories isnt it???
The problem of spear rising with respect to the pressure applied to the line relase notch is present in Comanche as well.

Originally posted by Memo
The problem of spear rising with respect to the pressure applied to the line relase notch is present in Comanche as well.

Of the spearguns I have:

Beuchat, Picasso, Rob Allens(Picasso handle), & Esclapez have line releases that push up on the spear.

Sporasub, Rabitech(Sporasub trigger I think) & Omer do not put push up on the spear.

Last edited:
thats interesting, I think side line releaser type mechanism dont put preassure on spear...

Dear folks,
T20 's side line releaser type has an really hard pressure on spear,Ý will explain to you with photos on the next days.

My 2 cents "barrell flex & T-20"

I've read the thread and pondered a bit. I don't really see the big deal on the barrell flex, the flex is in the same plane as the force exerted on the shaft, no problem. If the barrel were bent or twised, then there would be problems. My 2 cents is that the flex as shown is normal with an aluminum barrel and if one hits what one is aiming at, shoot on.

On the T-20 issue. I own 4 OMER guns and my experience with the guns and OMER "Technosport" has been all positive, I do not own a T-20 but if I did and was having trouble with it I would have no worries that one way or another OMER will make it right.

Cheers, Guy

Memo, my dive buddy had a Cressi Apache carbon which we converted to a Comanche carbon. I shot that thing yesterday with Omer 20mm max power bands. Serious accuracy is all I can say. Of only cressi's trigger mech was more reliable we could double band it and all. The Cressi carbon barrel is superstiff and can also be adapted for other guns.

I heard the same strenght issue about cressi carbon barrels. I would think getting one barrel for me in the future but now I'm concentrated on a new gun as you know ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT