• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

bat rays

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

colt.45

freshwater fanatic
Aug 28, 2005
I'm just wondering, Does anyone know any good bat ray recipies?

See the thread on Spearboard for discussion of "Bat Ray Rodeo", the fight, the eating, and the bad, bad PR for spearfishing.

In summary the eating was apparently great but the public relations damage to all divers may be bad. Perhaps better for isolated locations or boat dives.

Jim
Long Beach, California

wow, "Spearboard" and "Bad PR for spearfishing" used in the same sentence? oh my, that must be a first ;)

Colt, to answer your "?", there is a long time member of this board Named Batray, I was trying to make a funny :p

Colt, to answer your "?", there is a long time member of this board Named Batray, I was trying to make a funny :p

yeah, I figured thats what you ment after I had thought about it for a while :duh

are there bat rays in Corona del Mar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh oh, someone looking to cook a Batray :ko
Let 'em try ;).

Or you could ask this guy...:D

Attachments

• 597guitarfish2.jpg
    597guitarfish2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Well, I don't know about cooking but warming up is certainly appealing. :) :inlove

4 more days till me and my speargun show up in California, I'm commin for you bat ray Wahahahahahahahah :martial :D

before we take this too much further though, what is the best way to finish off a bat ray without getting poked?

Weeellll, you mess with a BatRay, you'll be sure to be in for some surprises. There's more to them than meets the eye.

I think Spaniard's approach is more likely to be successful than any other.

True, but it's also the only one mentioned so far.

Anyone else? :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT