• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

BC Liveaboard freediving trip (BC trip year 5)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Funds are in place! PFI April 7th-10th. I can now start putting money aside for the trip.

Here's a question... I'm out of shape... more so that I would like to admit. Is that going to be a problem for the PFI intermediate course?

You'll get a lot out of the course. You know I'd always say it's better to be in shape, no matter the reason Mike. There are a few exercises they do that are taxing, and of course overall, if you're in shape your heart beats slower and you're more relaxed.
Posted via Mobile Device

So August 15-19 is the final date? I'm marking my calendar and saving the money.

I've been talking to the skipper a fair bit over the past few months. I'm proposing we board in Port Hardy and cruise Area 12-14. We can shoot Ling and Rockfish and Greenling. The skipper will probably be cooking and we can help out a bit.
And it's really up to us once we're on the boat what sites we hit. Freediving some of the non-hunting sites ie: Browning Pass is a MUST. If a man goes up there and doesn't see some of these places, it's a MAN FAIL haha!
If we keep it around 7 people then there'll be decent room for us all.
I'm going to start asking for deposits in the next little bit :)

PUMPED!

First call for deposits my friends. I need 250$ each guest by the middle of June-ish. Also if you know anyone else wanting to come please let me know; we might be able to get another on.

Erik

PM sent sir.

Just so you guys all know, if for some reason the trip was cancelled due to circumstances not our fault and I'm still holding the cash, everyone gets their money back.
If you give me a deposit and bail on us, I keep the cash to give to the Skipper. If you could find someone to take your spot then the deposit counts towards that.

I've never had problems in the past so we should be good, and I've arranged lots of these kinds of things in the past.

And again if anyone's interested in coming ie: girlfriend then let me know. As it stands we could fit another. Just NO scubadiving: this keeps our cost down! Plus no listening to compressors all damn day!

Erik

Last edited:
Is there any chance of bringing or renting a tank of enriched air (40-100%)? A single pony bottle would last the whole trip. I need enriched air to decompress between dive sessions, otherwise I will have to severely limit my depth to avoid DCS.

If you bring one Eric there'd be no problem. If you want me to ask him to bring one I can do that too. Eric any chance Pete is interested in coming? I miss that guy too.

The guy that runs this boat is a fisherman- not too diver savvy. Last time we were on the boat there was no O2 kit, so not a bad idea to have some on board.

If we could have the captain provide some 100% O2 I'd be happy to pay for it. In fact it does not even need to have a regulator, even if it is a surface supply first aid style O2 that still works for me (I take a breath of O2 at the surface and then dive to 6m). Anything from 40-100% would work.

Hi guys, as of today I have 4 deposits, 2 that will be paid this weekend, and still waiting on our 7th guy to see if he can get the time off.

I spoke to Ken the Captain today to confirm that we are booked for Aug 15-19. This also includes sleeping on board on Sunday the 14th! We will step off the boat on Aug 19 after a morning of diving. We may be able to stay Friday night too if we want. Probably Ken will be cooking to help keep this affordable and we will help out a bit ie: cooking and cleanup.

He returned his O2 Kit that he had leased as he does very little work with divers, so not a bad idea to have a bottle of 36% Nitrox on board which Eric could also use for deco stops from his dives.

You will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, and I highly recommend EARPLUGS as even people who don't usually snore will do so after a day in cold water. These are tight sleeping arrangements in the forecastle.
Bring spare dive gear!! If you want booze and mix, bring it, but this is not a drunk-boat-college-trip, and hangovers/freediving are a bad mix.... I will have a mickey of Captain Morgan Dark.

We will be doing Browning Wall and a few other no-kill sites as they are as good as anything anywhere on this planet. We may be able to store a fish or 2 each for taking home.

Ken is very laid back. The boat is not a cruise ship. We will have a blast!

Again if anyone's keen to bring another diver or even non-diver let me know.

PUMPED!! :blackeye

Today we are confirmed at 1000$/person for our liveaboard trip.
Any food allergies or must-haves?

Amphibious (Colin) can't come so potentially we could put someone else on the boat, but our price wont change in any case.

I will be coming out with Gates, Pete and Mike so our truck is full. I was hoping we could pick up Eric/Garret in Van but can't. Maybe Eric/Garret could hook up to split costs?

Thanks to you guys for getting the deposits to me! These things are painful to organize sometimes but this one is not so :)

We are going to have a great time up there!

That's a paddlin'. :martial :blackeye
Paddlin' the school Canoe? Oooh, you better believe that's a paddlin'

Attachments

• simpsons_paddle.jpg
    simpsons_paddle.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:
retarded stoked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• teamkillers_-_its_always_the_retard_with_the_flame_thrower_always.jpg
    teamkillers_-_its_always_the_retard_with_the_flame_thrower_always.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 115
Haa ha ha ha and its funny cause it took me a few minutes to realize that you erased two letters and called me a retard. lol

Attachments

• retard33.jpg
    retard33.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Erik
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT