• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beginning

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Surprised others have not joined this discussion.
I spent some time writing yesterday, and then we entered a no signal area and I lost it (I am on the ship).

Zago, the only way to start spearfishing is to actually start spearfishing, man. Mask and snorkel and cheapest gun and off you go. You can only improve from there. Which gun to buy is also not very relevant, because you will most likely end up owning many of them. If you stick with the sport, you will have buckets full of masks and multiple pairs of fins. So, which particular brand to buy is not very important. I would suggest to start with 75 cm speargun because it is easier to handle in the water than 1m gun. And it will be plenty of gun for the size of fish you mentioned.

You will also need a fish stringer or a catch bag and some inexpensive spearfishing knife, the kind you can strap to your leg or forearm. Also, do not neglect gloves.

Reactions: Mr. X and Zago
Very popular store. Decent end, ex-shop prices, compared to those in Bulgaria (where I am). And BG prices are low. They show the delivery time for every product.
Never bought from them ,but I am planning to buy an Armani suit, since they have decent range of Armani, Boss, etc...
Joking, man....
They sell wet suits (ofc), so I am looking for one there .If u want see my thread in the spearfishing gear section.

If you can find them, the Rob Allen slotted D- shape weights or similar "Alton" weights or slotted bullet-shaped weights all work well on a stretchy rubber Marseille- style weight belt. But most weights will work; I have 4 very large curved weights that have served me well.

A weight vest/ filler / back-plate can be a useful way to distribute the weight a little. I often carry some weight in a camo Mares vest; I can easily add or remove weights from it to adjust my buoyancy. It can takes lead plates or bags of lead BBs, the latter adds an interesting organic/3-D texture to the camo; like a tortoise shell :D

I also recently started carrying a smaller clip on weight on my belt to allow me to fine tune my buoyancy while at sea.

Reactions: Zago
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT