• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

best computer...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

in what computer manufacturer do you trust?

• Uwatec (Scubapro)

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Suunto

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • Mares

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Sepadiver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • BUddy

• Aqualung

• Cressi

• Dive Rite

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Seac Sub

• Sherwood

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Beauchat

• Dacor

• Tusa

• Blue Eye

• Seeman

• analog instruments

• none of the above

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
Btw.: I had a Suunto Vytec with transmitter before but the transmitter froze up twice in a row. Suunto fixed this now with a no-code-changing device but I'm really glad now with my two computers as written above.

I used to have a Sunnto Solution-that was sent back to the factory 4 times and replaced twice. It failed on me more times than I can remember, always on dives to 50 meters or more.

I also had a Sunnto Spyder fail on me a couple of times- the thing ate batteries like Marlon Brando eats Twinkies. I've also had my Stinger and my D-3 give out on me on the same day!

I guess that's why I finally went DIR and skipped the whole computer thing.

A buddy of mine was just diving with a couple of other guys using the Diverite Helium computers, he was using tables, and he managed to clear his table a few minutes before they cleared their computers, all where diving the same mix and deco gasses.

Jon

Reactions: Pezman
I have 2 of the old Aladin Pros from Uwatec. I love those things!
I've been diving with one of them for 10 years and it's been below 200ft with me a few times, no problems.

Suunto Menu LOG

hi i just went down with my stinger which i used it for the first time.

after two dives on the first day i can access the log menu and can see the
two dives i had. the next day we dove 2 times again after that i cant
access my log menu anymore (nothing happens when i press the S on the
MENU portion). on the settings i cant even set the dive alarm anymore.
cant get to EAN and freedive mode too. what is wrong with it? im getting frustrated.

pls help thanks a lot

Last edited:
Gonna Take the Plunge

I already posted that I have a Mosquito and like it a LOT. The reason I got it was that my "buddy" decided one minute that she was goingn to go over the wall in Hawaii and explore and I had a He#& of a hard time trying to read the computer on the rental gear. Our dive guide had me head up while he went after the nimrod-ette. Bottom line was that, when she decided to explore, we were already at 120' and were supposed to be heading UP, not down. He caught her at 140' (on air) and brought her back up. We got back to the boat and, except for the Dive Guide, neither of us could read the screens of the (rental gear) console computers (too badly scratched). After that, I wanted my own just for safety sake so I got the Mosquito and the PC interface. Now, a couple of years later, my wife (who got certified on the same trip as the above incident) and I are going to the Maldives and so, we need another computer for obvious reasons (one of which was mentioned here like being a couple of meters apart vertically DOES make a difference). I think that, this time, I will go for the UWATEC Aladin Pro. The prices are the same for the UWATEC and the Mosquito and I think that it would be good to have a different model computer to work with. It will definitely be interesting to compare the results on the PC when we are done, i. e. dive times, no-deco, stops, etc.

Any comments on that philosophy? :confused: By the way, nothing beats a brain but technology can sure help sometimes!

Cheers,
Bret

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT