• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

best nose clip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Classical cyanoacrylate based superglue (type of Loctite) is not water resistant, so when used in water, it will dissolve after certain time. Some types are less soluble in water, so try to get some marine-grade glue.

As for the pads - try using neopren from an old wetsuit

BTW, I guess everyone already knows the Apneaman / Apnea Academy noseclip:

They are much smaller than Paradisia, while much stronger - they are reinforced with glass fiber. Martin Zajac from Apneaman demonstrated me a crash test - he dropped a noseclip on the floor (with ceramic tiles) and jumped on it several times without causing any harm to the noseclip. I wouldn't advise doing that with Paradisia, they broke relatively easily despite their massive form and size.

Besides it, the Apneaman noseclip, similarly like the Trygons, and unlike Paradisia, does not use any dents on for fixing the position, but a conical form of the bridge. It means you can adjust it perfectly to any size of nose.

In comparison to Trygons, I find the Apneaman noseclip more comfortable thanks to its shape, and thanks to the elasticity of the plastic material.

Last edited:
Thanks Trux....been looking for one like this...now all i need are some quality fluid goggles w/lenses...any suggestions?

For fluid goggles you have plenty of alternatives as well. I'd tell that the safest would be going with the original inventor - Eric Fattah and his Liquvision.com. If not, there are several other competitors selling them - I saw a pair from Kerian Hibs, there is a german competitor selling them (I forgot his name now though), Trygons sell theirs too, and Apneaman makes custom fluid goggles as well - you send them goggles of your choice (ones that fits you well and have clear lenses), you mark the centers of you eyes on them and send them to Apneaman. They'll drill the holes and stick the lenses into them.

However, you can do that also alone - have a look at the DYI thread here on DB.

my trygons nose pads have never come off, and I have used it well over a year. Strange.

If you are gluing on the original neopreen pads you could try good quality (like cressi) wetsuit glue?

The nosepads on my Trygons comes off every couple of times that I use it in the pool.

I re-glue it with superglue, but it's a pain and just a matter of time before I lose the pad.

Any suggestions on a better solution or where I can get some spare rubber pads (as I have lost the ones that came with it and use the stock fabric pads)

The nosepads on my Trygons comes off every couple of times that I use it in the pool.

I re-glue it with superglue, but it's a pain and just a matter of time before I lose the pad.

Any suggestions on a better solution or where I can get some spare rubber pads (as I have lost the ones that came with it and use the stock fabric pads)

Odd, I have not had that problem with mine, but have seen it happening on a newer Trygons clip.

For glueing - You will find that two-component epoxy resin/glue will keep any pads you put on exactly where they belong. - Walter Johnson has put leather pads on his this way and is very happy with them. :inlove

+1 for the Apnea Academy Noseclip.

I have been using the paradisia for the past year or so.
Received the Apnea Academy one a few weeks back and the paradisia hasn't been out since.

A lot more comfortable for me.

If your down in Manc soon Sam, your welcome to try it.

Last edited:
Thanks Gary!
I have tried Paradisia, but that was so big for my tiny nose :D
Ill stay with Apnea Academy :)

"Apnea Academy" noseclip is on the way :)
Maybe ill write a quick review too after first use in pool :)
And take few real-life pictures of this noseclip too ;)

Apnea Academy NoseClip

Here are some real pics of this "Apnea Academy NoseClip":

Today a will test this clip in pool, after that i will write short review :)

This clip is very good! Super comfy! Way better than Paradisia IMO.
Clip holds nicely my tiny nose, no chance to come off! :)
My friend also liked it :)
I can seriously recommend this noseclip! :):)

Sorry for my bad English! ;)

This clip is very good! Super comfy! Way better than Paradisia IMO.
Clip holds nicely my tiny nose, no chance to come off! :)
My friend also liked it :)
I can seriously recommend this noseclip! :):)

Sorry for my bad English! ;)

Hi Martin

Glad it works for you.
Exactly the same thing for me too.
I have quite a big hooter though and hard bridge. I found this is a lot more comfortable and I'm able to get a very good seal on the clip without it hurting after a bit which I get from the Paradisia.

Apnea Academy Noseclip Vs. the Trygons:
Note: Have not used the A.A. in the water yet - just dry.

Apnea Academy:

- significantly lighter... perhaps 1/3 of the weight of the metal Trygons.
- MUCH more comfortable
- slightly rounded nose-pads, instead of the flat Trygons
- larger surface area on the nose-pads
- does not leave hard lines / marks on my nose like the Trygons
- can be pulled off (if done intentionally for surface protocol) without pain / injury, due to the slightly rounded nose-pads - might be a good thing for easier S.P.
- has a longer neck-string, but no adjustment fob, unlike the Trygons
- comes with a handy holder / box

The Trygons is more like a vice-grip. I might use it if I was doing no-limits very deep... and wanted NO CHANCE that it would come off. It comes with a discomfort / pain price tho.

The Apnea Academy is now my go-to noseclip. Better in almost every respect than the Trygons. Great piece of equipment and highly recommended.

Reactions: sanso
Some comparison pictures:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791375.074193.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791375.074193.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 201
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791394.688029.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791394.688029.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 184
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791407.639518.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791407.639518.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 185
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791428.122427.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330791428.122427.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 182
Miguel Lozano has started manufacturing nose clips, got one and tho I have only used it for a short time it fits very well, contact apnea canaries.

Nice review Apneaddict! :)

I add one negative thing also.
One leather pad starts to come off! :(
But this is also common in others, like Paradisia.
Littlebit glue and its like new :)

As a follow-up, after more time with the Apnea Academy noseclip...

I use it strictly for dry training, as it is infinitely more comfortable than the Trygons.

I will still use the Trygons in the water and for competitions though. It simply holds better, does not slip and can be tightened up more.

The pad on the AA noseclip gets slippery when wet and if the strap gets tangled in my neckweight, it can slip off my nose.

For 1x competition attempts, the Trygons vice grip nature has peace of mind advantages and I won't get distracted during a dynamic, thinking that it might be slipping. I can tolerate the tight Trygons for a single swim or static.

The AA shines when dry and I'm doing 90 mins worth of O2 tables!

After all your talks and support guys, I also ordered Apneman noseclip.
It should recive it in few days. I resigned from Trygons becouse is more expensive and a little bit bulky.
For pool DNF Apneaman will be a bull's eye shot (y)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT