• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

best nose clip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Got my own Apneaman nose clip, the shipment was ultra fast. I choose white color. Quality is great and it has a new spare nose pads made from rubber. I think they made a upgrade. I will post a photo guys

Reactions: Jenn Bornn
apneaman_nose_clip_white_Marek F_2015_800x600px_taged.jpg

Reactions: AlexbeeintheUK
Got my own Apneaman nose clip, the shipment was ultra fast. I choose white color. Quality is great and it has a new spare nose pads made from rubber. I think they made a upgrade. I will post a photo guys
Thanks for the photo Marek! Do the rubber pads hold better in water? Also, can you share the Apneaman nose clip's weight? I can't seem to find that info on the web.

As an update to my review, I wear my noseclip SUPER tight for dry training and I've found that the plastic Apneaman one seems to loosen slightly around "maximum tightness" on my nose - likely due to a bit of wear over time.

It's a non-issue for all but those who like vise grips on their face.

With a max-violent contraction, I might get 1/4 of a nostrils worth of air escaping and not every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a chance to try the new Omer Umberto Pelizzari nose-clip UP-NC1.
Unlike the Apneaman, the Omer noseclip has a rachet mechanism. This means the noseclip is more secure to the chosen size, but it also means, that the pre-set sizes might not fit all nose sizes comfortably. I can confirm the noseclip holds very well dry and wet when used directly over the nose.

When it comes to using the Omer noseclip over a diving mask, the story is different. Omer says the UP-NC1 is the first noseclip that can be used over a diving mask. I tested the noseclip over my Mares Star Liquidskin and I regret to say I couldn't achieve a nose seal. This means that, contrary to Omer's claim, I couldn't equalize my ears without using my hand. Using the noseclip with a dedicated Omer diving mask might actually work, but I haven't tested it, so you should be aware the UP-NC1 might not work with your mask.

Personally speaking, if you're going to use a noseclip directly over the nose, I would recommend the Apneaman over the Omer. The Apneaman is a less bulky and it doesn't use a rachet mechanism, so it's easier to open and it can fit most nose sizes.

One plus for the Omer is that it has a wider initial opening than the Apneaman.

BgsOakb.jpg
TuCdz5D.jpg
qyd49Nu.jpg
YWfnHsQ.jpg
Z60Jnwi.jpg

Had a chance to try the new Omer Umberto Pelizzari nose-clip UP-NC1.
Unlike the Apneaman, the Omer noseclip has a rachet mechanism. This means the noseclip is more secure to the chosen size, but it also means, that the pre-set sizes might not fit all nose sizes comfortably. I can confirm the noseclip holds very well dry and wet when used directly over the nose.

When it comes to using the Omer noseclip over a diving mask, the story is different. Omer says the UP-NC1 is the first noseclip that can be used over a diving mask. I tested the noseclip over my Mares Star Liquidskin and I regret to say I couldn't achieve a nose seal. This means that, contrary to Omer's claim, I couldn't equalize my ears without using my hand. Using the noseclip with a dedicated Omer diving mask might actually work, but I haven't tested it, so you should be aware the UP-NC1 might not work with your mask.

Personally speaking, if you're going to use a noseclip directly over the nose, I would recommend the Apneaman over the Omer. The Apneaman is a less bulky and it doesn't use a rachet mechanism, so it's easier to open and it can fit most nose sizes.

One plus for the Omer is that it has a wider initial opening than the Apneaman.

BgsOakb.jpg
TuCdz5D.jpg
qyd49Nu.jpg
YWfnHsQ.jpg
Z60Jnwi.jpg
I haven't used the UP-NC1 but I read that the main feature is that you can equalize that mask while having the nose clip on. For that you need to fine adjust the strength of the clip with the little screws on it. Could it be that they were too loose in your case and that's why it didn't work for you? I'm asking because I'm thinking of buying one and I also don't have the dedicated Umberto Pellizzari mask with the extra grip in the nose area.

I haven't used the UP-NC1 but I read that the main feature is that you can equalize that mask while having the nose clip on. For that you need to fine adjust the strength of the clip with the little screws on it. Could it be that they were too loose in your case and that's why it didn't work for you? I'm asking because I'm thinking of buying one and I also don't have the dedicated Umberto Pellizzari mask with the extra grip in the nose area.
I tried changing the pad tension. It didn't help.

I have finally found a noseclip that suits my purpose. For most of the time I have my hands occupied with cameras, lamps or ropes and I always use a mask. I've heard that people don't normally use noseclip with a mask because the mask has to be equalised.

Well, that's not a problem with this noseclip. This nosesclip fits inside the mask and it allows hands free equalization and by adding some more pressure, the mask can be equalized as well. The solution was closer than I thought because this was designed by a Finnish freediver and I heard about it from some friends. Finally it is available for sale online. I don't think too many people are aware of this so here it goes. Its called libresub and you can order it from here:
http://www.sfstore.fi/lisavarusteet/nenaklipsi.html

You can also contact the store owner directly for international shipping and payment methods.
kimmo.paakki@sfstore.fi
I've bought loads of stuff from him but still this area of business is not big enough to feed the family. I see it appropriate to try to support a small business like this.

I made a video where I'm using this noseclip while diving a Florida spring. Of course it would be ideal to have the skills to equalize hands free... any tips on that?

Have a nice day.

Reactions: Davos
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT