• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

BFA - London Pool Competition 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey i'm out of the UK that weekend...scared of succumbing to Aussie supremacy I see :D :D :D

I'm up for it. My first child is due about 2 weeks before so I may fall asleep during the static!

Theo.

Remember Theo - you can't start them too early :D

******* NEWS FLASH ********
The Crystal Palace pool comp has a new name. It is now
THE MAVERICKS BFA POOL COMPETITION 2006
This is due the fact that Anne-Marie,BFA Sponsorship Officer, has secured a total of £450 worth of vouchers to be spent at Mavericks Diving the leading Freediving, Spearfishing, Photographic, Snorkelling and Scuba shop.The retail store is located on the Strand in Central London at Bush House. The vouchers will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd in both the Mens and womens categories.
Even if you are not likely to win you can now get 10% discount at Mavericks on Freediving, Spearfishing and Photographic kit on production of your current BFA Membership card.
The comp is now officially an AIDA ranking event for static, dynamic with fins or without fins. You may only do one dynamic event so unless you are better without fins you may not get your hands on the Mavericks vouchers.

Keep those entries rolling in only 15 places left.​

For more details see http://www.britishfreediving.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24
or www.britishfreediving.org

Guys,

I would have loved to be in the comp ! I need the experience, and the ranking !! However, I'm off sunning myself in the Canaries for a couple of weeks and I'm not going to be around for it.... Doh...

Hope you all have a great time !

Mandy

There is still space for 1 or 2 more participants! It's open to all abilities (all you need is to become a member of the BFA. It takes only 1 minute to become a member if you register online: http://www.britishfreediving.org/index.asp?sec=13)

Come on, we need to fill these 20 spaces so we can organise more competitions in the future :wave

~JM

Can anyone point me towards some information about timings of events, that sort of thing as I all I know is that it runs from 9AM-6PM?

Lucia are you entering??

GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be thinking of you kid.

Reactions: naiad
Yes I am entering! Thanks Sara. :)

I am not expecting anything great, as college accomodation is so stressful and dynamic is something I just can't do, but I'll try and see what happens.

Mavericks Crystal Palace Freediving Pool Competition 12th November 2006

TIMETABLE

09:30 Arrive ready for registration and final briefing
09:45 Athletes and Organisers final briefing (G55 Lecture Room)

50 metre Racing Pool

10:30 Dynamic Pool open to first Athlete
11:15 Dynamic first Official Top
13:19 Dynamic last Official Top

13:30 Lunch break

14:30 Static final briefing

25 metre Training Pool (Downstairs)

15:00 Static Pool open to first athlete
15:40 Static first Official Tops
16:47 Static last Official Tops

17:20 Results and Prize Ceremony

So.... who got the chocolates?

Hurry up and post cause i've only got email for another day before I get back to London on Sunday (funnily enough there's better things to be doing in Aus than perusing the internet) and i'm an impatient fella.

My money's on the Crystal Palace mob but my heart says Richmond all the way :ko

Cheers,
Ben

I remember that Liv was best woman and that Theo, was guess what, best bloke.

Oh yeah, Theo did a nice clean 167M DYF.

NEW AMERICAN RECORD. The daddy rules.

Thanks Matt for organising a great competition, hope you are not too knackered and that the post traumatic stress doesn't kick in!

Good fun had by all I reckon.... apart from the reddies - sorry but rules is rules as they say

Judge Sam

ooh, such a tease....

Well done to Liv and especially to Theo on a new American national record! So Theo - was that before or after you'd fixed the tears in your mono?

Who got the best newcomer?

Jean-Marc Kuffer got the best newcomer, and the second prize.

I didn't win anything, wasn't expecting to, but I was happy with my performance considering it was my first comp. I even managed to finish the surface protocol. rofl

Just got a bit confused about the top time for the static, and was walking around and talking during what was meant to be my breath-up. :duh

I'm definitely going to compete again. :)

Lucia

Ben
I will post the full results as soon as I have them ratified by the judges.
I can tell you that Theo Ivanovic won the mens event and did a US National record (subject to ratification) of 167m Dynamic with fins.
2nd went to JM Kuffer and 3rd was Tim Money.
Liv Philip won the womens event with Anne-Marie Kitchen-Wheeler in 2nd and Persehphone Coelho in 3rd.
Mail me when you get back to London.
Matt

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT