• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

BFA - London Pool Competition 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Congratulations to everyone! I'm sorry i couldn't be there to see it, but well done & look forward to hearing all about it soon

fred

For Benny B and all those other impatient souls!
Mavericks BFA Crystal Palace Pool Competition Results

Listed below are the official results for the event which was held yesterday, 12th November.
Sorry I spent ages spacing everything but it didn't work out! I have attached the more legible version.
The full results are also at http://www.britishfreediving.org/index.asp?sec=5

MAVERICKS BFA Pool Competition Crystal Palace November 12th 2006 Dynamic
Athlete Nat. AP RP Pen Notes Pts
David Morgan GBR 50m 0 * S/P 0
Ross Matthews GBR 50m 88m 44
Steve Millard GBR 50m 71m 35.5
David Roberts GBR 65m 72m 36
Perse Coelho GBR 65m 0 * S/P 0
Liv Philip GBR 70m 91m 45.5
Michael Felton GBR 70m 70m 35
Stephen O’Byrne GBR 70m 0 * S/P 0
A-M Kitn-Wheeler GBR 70m 90m 45
Tim Money GBR 71m 82m 41
Jean-Marc Kuffer SUI 75m 100m 50
Niall Flinn GBR 90m 0 * S/P 0
Theo Ivanovic USA 150m 167m 83.5

MAVERICKS BFA Crystal Palace Pool Competition November 12th 2006 Static & Overall
Athlete AP RP Pen Notes Sta Dyn TOTAL Overall Position
Ross Matthews 2:00 3:07 37.4 44 81.4 m 6th
David Morgan 3:30 DNS 0 0 0 m 10th
Steve Millard 3:30 5:01 60.2 35.5 95.7 m 4th
Michael Felton 3:49 4:07 49.4 35 84.4 m 5th
Jean-Marc Kuffer 4:00 4:21 52.2 50 102.2 m 2nd
Liv Phillip 4:00 4:42 56.4 45.5 101.9 f 1st
Stephen O'Byrne 4:00 2:54 14pts Short 20.8 0 20.8 m 9th
Perse Coelho 4:00 4:17 51.4 0 51.4 f 3rd
A-M Kitn-Wheeler 4:00 4:31 54.2 45 99.2 f 2nd
Tim Money 4:07 4:42 56.4 41 97.4 m 3rd
David Roberts 4:30 B/O 0 36
36 m 8th
Niall Flinn 4:30 4:48 57.6 0 57.6 m 7th
Theo Ivanovic 5:00 5:32 66.4 83.5 149.9 m 1st

Prior to the competition Lucia Naidu and Gary McGrath did a demonstration for the benefit of the event sponsor, Mavericks Diving http://mavericksdiving.co.uk
Lucia did a very controlled 50m dynamic followed a 4 min 17 sec static.
Gary produced a 65m dynamic but did not remove his nose clip. Later he did 3 min 15 sec static.

Attachments

• web results round up.doc
    76.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Reactions: naiad
Thanks Matt - once again well done to those competing and especially well done to you Matt (and other organisers/judges that i'm too tired to remember... it's 2am here!) for pulling it all together, must have been a mammoth effort, particularly towards the end.

Cheers,
Ben

Many thanks to Matt, Anne-Marie, Sam, Mark and Steve - a great comp and lots of fun!

Theo.

Reactions: jome
naiad said:
Jean-Marc Kuffer got the best newcomer, and the second prize.

I didn't win anything, wasn't expecting to, but I was happy with my performance considering it was my first comp. I even managed to finish the surface protocol. rofl

Just got a bit confused about the top time for the static, and was walking around and talking during what was meant to be my breath-up. :duh

I'm definitely going to compete again. :)

Lucia

Well done Lucia and congrats for at least entering, we are trying to get something together for Dubai next year, hopefully you'll come over and give it another bash :)

Thanks Matt - it was a fun day for all the freedivers and a brilliant venue. Also thanks Sam and Mark, A-M and Steve as well as all the volunteers.

:0) Liv

PS. Theo get some sleep now!
PPS. Ben- are you coming training b4 Hurghada cos I have ur landyard.

Yep - i'll be at CP and Richmond next week... been a while between laps!

Want to add my thanks to Matt, Anne-Marie, Sam, Mark, Steve and everybody else who helped make Sunday such a fantastic day at Crystal Palace. Was great to catch up with so many familiar faces and a few new ones too. Good luck to all those going Egypt.

Ross.

Thankyou Matt, Anne-Marie, Sam, Mark & Steve for organising a really great comp and all the safety divers for doing a great job! Red card aside, I had a fun time and it was a good introduction to the wonderful world of competitions!

I'll just have to learn to curb my enthusiasm in the future.. :head

P

congrats to all would love to have been there but maybe next time
have to get one under my belt sometime

hey feargus come over for the next saltfree comp - next july I suspect -depth, dynamic and static this time!

oooo, when in July? I might just be around for that :) How you doing Sam? Hope yr well....

when are you over? I can (possibly) fix it around you

I'm fine, just cream crackered from a year on planes..............

Not sure when we'll be in the UK Sam, so you fix the dates and if we can fit in with it, I'll be there :)

I am seriously thinking about Crystal Palace 2007. I am looking at early June and I will liase with Sam to make sure there is not a date clash with Saltfree.
The event will run to the same format but I may try and have 2 dynamic comp lanes in order to accomodate a few more athletes. As ever, it all depends on volunteers, judges and medics being able to give their time.
Ooh and I suppose we may need some athletes too :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT