• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bizzy Blue Hole

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It does look fantastic, but it's in the school holidays so flights are stupidly expensive. Bugger!

I have a holiday booked with a non-diving friend for a week from 5th April in Dahab and would love to meet up with anyone for some diving. I've made some enquiries with a couple of places offering similar courses or just some pleasure diving and it looks and sounds great.

Last edited:
I will be in Dahab from April 1st until mid June. Mail me if you need a freediving buddy. (rahel@fridykning.se) But as you can see there will be over 30 freedivers during the time you’re there, so no need to worry about that.

see you in four weeks then,
Rahel

F.BIZ introduces a new freedive discipline:

Freedive in Dahab april 2008

So called survival rules. Only three rules.
1) No equipment
2) Dont hold or pull the line
3) Stay with airways above water for 30 secs after surfacing.

Real freediving
Sebastian
F.BIZ

As usual, I'm here, waiting for training buddies to rock up! Getting a bit frustrated with beautiful weather, beautiful new fins I'm dying to take deep and all the freediving instructors out here are working so no one to buddy me! Doh! So, come and dive out here... Tim, George and Anna (OK, she's German, not British, but lives there so counts as the same) coming from UK - anyone else welcome... I guess it's about to go from the sublime (quiet and boring) to the ridiculous (no room in the Blue Hole) when 35 divers turn up next week to train! Can't wait!

Hugs
x
Sara

Ouch, that must hurt having new fins sitting there looking all pretty and no-one to go train with!

Not to worry - the UK contingent are revving up rearing to go!

Cheerio,
Ben

I know, I'm online with Timmy winding him up about the fact that he's sitting in an office and I'm by the sea in shorts and T-shirt about to go for a swim. Hey, it's a hard life! Pity you're not coming too xx

Wish I was there too (as he gazes out the window at the gale force winds and rain)

Argh, too many things to do, not enough money and not enough time!!!

I see Sara maybe getting into the competition mode! Now Vertical Blue is about to start, followd by the Bizzy Blue Hole it's going to be a few exiting weeks for our little comunity.

And about the new fin, what brand, type, stifness and colour is it?

How do they swim, you must have at least done a few dynamics!

Use the exitement for some extra cardio :D You can never be too shure with those Natalia's lurking arround! ;)

Kars

Last edited:
I have a holiday booked with a non-diving friend for a week from 5th April in Dahab and would love to meet up with anyone for some diving. I've made some enquiries with a couple of places offering similar courses or just some pleasure diving and it looks and sounds great.

Hi, I will be in Dahab too from 7 April, but I did't think about courses. Any ideas?

Alex

Hi, I will be in Dahab too from 7 April, but I did't think about courses. Any ideas?
How long will You be there? I'll be there and giving courses from May 12th. When You're there, go talk to Patrick at the desert-divers(.com) - He's there to teach right now.

How long will You be there? I'll be there and giving courses from May 12th. When You're there, go talk to Patrick at the desert-divers(.com) - He's there to teach right now.

Hi Sanso,
and thank You for advise, but I'll be back 15th April:(

maybe you can help me - where in Dahab I can buy a bouy, like this http://www.free-diving.ru/phpBB2/files/2_466.jpg , but smaller, I know Lotta has the same.

to all buddys: I can join you with pleasure, by the way, send sms: my phone +371 29412728,
Alex

in Egypt the best thing would be to go to a garage and buy the tire, go to a chandlers and buy the d rings then take the whole thing to someone who can sew - there are little places that do furniture upholstery/make curtains etc and they'll make the buoy for you very cheaply

we had a few made in Hurghada a couple of years ago and they are great

S

Sam and Ben (and tell TIm) don't forget about me - I know I'm only a shallow girl but if you come over to Egypt it would be great to see you - I am looking for an excuse to head over to Dahab and train especially if I am going to come back to UK for the Double Dip. If you haven't got my Egyptian number just pm me
Well over 30 degrees this week in Hurghada - fabulous!
LOL

Of course my dear! I'll be in Dahab for 3 weeks in June for Triple Depth so if you're around then come on over!

Cheerio,
Ben

Hey, I'll need a training buddy from April 29th on, especially the first couple of days. Come on over! :D

I will be there again .... from 29th to 6st but not all days diving.

Grtzzzz Pim

great! looking forward to seeing You there! :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT