• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Black Grouper

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi

Adrian you bet I will be doing the Bull run, did i mention in a red lycra suit :D Me and my mates cant stop talking about it, maybe you will run with me :cool:

I heard that when you make it to the end and if you are the first guys to get into the stadium you get stuff thrown at you :t

cheers

Aussie going to take on the Spanish bulls

Re: Aspeto

Hi Murat I read the article, it seems that the aspetto technique is when they sit and wait for the fish to come to you instead of waiting then when it gets relatively close chase.

That would take lots of mental power to sit there without moving at all then waiting till it gets in gun range.

cheers

Re: Re: Aspeto

Originally posted by ivan
Hi Murat I read the article, it seems that the aspetto technique is when they sit and wait for the fish to come to you instead of waiting then when it gets relatively close chase.

That would take lots of mental power to sit there without moving at all then waiting till it gets in gun range.

cheers

Yes this needs much will power and apnea. But if you be an expert on this technique you can catch most of the fishes in Med. As i know this is the tech. that every good speros use in med. May be hard to catch fishes directs med sea speros to extreme technique :hmm.

Sorry Ivan but I ahve been away all weeknd.

I am using a 5mm Omer Ocen Mimetic with about 7kilos.

I will translate the interview for you tonight when I not so busy.

Murat, the gun used was the alluminum 100 wth the standard 16mm bands.

I did have a JBL rail and use the nes beuchat wishbone, which shorten the bands somewhat.

Originally posted by shaneshac

I did have a JBL rail and use the nes beuchat wishbone, which shorten the bands somewhat.

Do you use gun bungie? My local dealer doesn't aware of what it is. Should i find it from somewhere else or it doesn't deserve that much effort when hunting small fishes?

By the way i reserved my OMER Alluminium 100. I hope it will arrive soon. And yes it is the secon verison. Shop owner said that they removed all ss parts which cause corrosion and add some plastic in between.

What do you recommend me about this gun? What is its tricks?
BTW the rail that you put on the barrel, is it removable? Does it leave any permanent marks or something on the barell?

Last edited:
The alluminum is such a pretty gun Murat, I love mine :inlove Just wish I had more of a use for it around here :(

What type of bungie are you referring to? If it's the type on the shooting line, then they are worth it & are very easy to make yourself. If you're referring to the shooting line bungie, then it'd be unnecessary for the fish you are hunting.

The JBL tracks are temporary & can be removed when needed. No damage to the barrel.

I used clear silicone to attach the rail onto the gun. This allows you to get it absolutely straight before it sticks. I then allow 24 hours for it to dry.

AS with other guns, make sure you rinse it properly with fresh water and dry it after every dive. This prevents salt deposits forming on the alluminum which can cause corrosion.

Originally posted by fuzz
The alluminum is such a pretty gun Murat, I love mine :inlove Just wish I had more of a use for it around here :(

What type of bungie are you referring to? If it's the type on the shooting line, then they are worth it & are very easy to make yourself. If you're referring to the shooting line bungie, then it'd be unnecessary for the fish you are hunting.

The JBL tracks are temporary & can be removed when needed. No damage to the barrel.

Is your 120 is too big for everyday use for you?

I am talking about gun bungie that both riffe & RA has it beneath of the barell. I know its simple you just drill two hole to the ends of it and make a dynema loop but there is no material to make it. Niether bungie nor dynema. Actually it has advantage of changing shooting line easily coz of its pig tail swievel or clip but isn't it cause noise when it hit the barrel?

Hey fuzz, why you convert your gun from close muzzle to open? What it's disadvantage and advantage? Just easy aiming or its effect accuracy too?

I used clear silicone to attach the rail onto the gun. This allows you to get it absolutely straight before it sticks.

Why? Isnt it enough to stick it with its own glue? Anyway, i will use it as it is for a while and then if i don't like it perfomance may be i can add it.

May be my local dealer convince the italians to send some rails that especially designed for OMER. He has good realtionship with those italian spero champs. But i am not sure if they decide to produce add on track. What is like the one on the Master America? Is it add on or molded in?

BTW i checked the prices on the Marco Bardi's page the are in between 368-438 euro more expensive than Riffe or Totem. May be OMER's marketing stuff calculate it wrong:duh

Last edited:

Hi

No need to be sorry Shane :cool:

At the moment for work I use a 2 piece 5mm wetsuit without a hood with 12lbs of lead. Dove to 18m without fins today with this setup for a bit of fun :)

What about the bull run are do you do it.

Originally posted by ivan
Hi

At the moment for work I use a 2 piece 5mm wetsuit without a hood with 12lbs of lead. Dove to 18m without fins today with this setup for a bit of fun :)

:duh

When i need fun i jump from the roof of the buildings. Last time i forgot to deploy the parachute:head :D

Have you ever seen one of those bulls up close.

When its head is up straight the horns can be over 6 ft high. THey weigh over 600kilos and charge at over 50 km/h

More penetrating power than a prodanovich gun.

No thanks.No bulls for me.
:naughty

I watched in news that in last year bull run few (5-6) people seriously injured:(

Hey Ivan, may be you should find less dangerous funs for you like tomato wars ( was it in spain? ).

Last edited:
Yes Murat,

THe tomato wars are also in Spain.

One question Murat,

Cannot you go to Italy, buy a gun and bring it into Cyprus???

Just wondering why you had so much trouble. (Sorry this is the wrong post but anyway)

Yes Murat,

THe tomato wars are also in Spain.

One question Murat,

Cannot you go to Italy, buy a gun and bring it into Cyprus???

Just wondering why you had so much trouble. (Sorry this is the wrong post but anyway)

Yes i can pay 2000+ dollars for three day Rome trip and can buy speargun:D.

There are so much trouble here. All of its poletics. All of the world claims that North Cyprus Goverment ( T.R.N.C) Turkish Republic Of Northern Cyprus is unofficial. This goverment is established in 1983 as old as me. There are so many things happing here and hapened in the past also. We enter the war against greeks in the island. There are so much historical sh*t here. Anyway now we try to make peace but there are poletical problems, bargaining problems etc....

You can't order anything from outside coz goverment it self is un offical. You have to pay shipping to the Turkey and then pay another shipping fee from Turkey to here, because Turkey is the only counry that accepts the excistence of T.R.N.C. After you have to pay 60% custom. Or you directly write your adress when shopping and it comes to the South part of the island. In this case you pay double costum. First you pay it to Greek Goverment and after Turkis Goverment. All things are snarl here.

All of the world, including Turkey, Greek, England, USA and many more countries want to capture this island coz of its geographical propery. This place is the key for the Eastern world. Anyway all of them wants this tiny place but none of them care about the peoples living on the island.

This is my point of view. Sorry, i am too sleepy and tired to explain more. But the things are really sucks here especially in North side. I hope i did not get my head in trouble:confused:

Have you ever seen one of those bulls up close.

When its head is up straight the horns can be over 6 ft high. THey weigh over 600kilos and charge at over 50 km/h

More penetrating power than a prodanovich gun.

No thanks.No bulls for me.
:naughty

Hi

He He I guess you local guys are smarter then all the tourists like us who want to come and do it. But how pumped up would you be when you heard the first horn go off then wait a minute for the second horn then the bulls come out, HUUUGGGEEE Adrenaline rush :D

cheers

i agree, i always get an adrenalin rush when i see a bull :t

Heehee..

Then put horns on your girlfriends head and make her really angry. Eg. Tell her you are cheating her. Then you don't have to go to the spain for bull runrofl

Originally posted by Murat
Heehee..

Then put horns on your girlfriends head and make her really angry. Eg. Tell her you are cheating her. Then you don't have to go to the spain for bull runrofl

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Now I just have to find a Girlfriend :hmm

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT