• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bloody Cold!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Great... I've got a 16 yr old inviting me to come and party with her. :head

Thanks but it's been a very nice, long while since I've gotten trashed and the benefits continue. :cool:

sven

C'mon Sven! Most guys you're age are Begging for that!

:naughty

Willer :D

16'll get you 20, maybe not in Aust., though. :naughty Lost wayyy toooo many brain cells to the stuff in my past life, now caffine's to drug of choice.:duh
Jay

Originally posted by Jay Styron
16'll get you 20, maybe not in Aust.
Jay

what about if im 16 :D, i think its still legal....:t

but a party, damn, its been a while... maybe if i run more the next(sober) day i could burn off that excess alcohol

good to be young

cheers

to wise 'young one'

Vince

I thought about you yesterday. You should'a been here. My new dive buddy is your age. Spoke perfect English to me and Japanese on the phone but, she says that French is her first language. They moved to Paris when she was two. Let me know when you're coming to Kona and I'll try to play match-maker.

The diving was great too. Bel made three dives (50-55 meters) in 25 minutes and talked our newest free diver into 22 meters (almost double her previous best). I played safety and made a few dives to 40 +&-. Even saw the bottom. Below the thermocline it was 25C and clear. Just as we were leaving, two fish with spears on their nose came in to check us out. After looking at some pictures, I think they were Sailfish.

Aloha

Billl

Last edited:
humm, a trip to kona sounds good... and another female freediver my age... he he he

"Below the thermocline it was 25C and clear" jeee, ya think ya could make me any more jealous...:waterwork

just make sure this young freediver stays clear of any other hawaiian boys and i will see when i can get a ticket to kona..:D

even funnier... my dad just read your post and now he feels like going to kona for some diving.. ha ha ha
this might just work out

cheers

ps. is she good looking:chatup (because i already know she is smart, freediving and all... ;) )

...this new buddy got a Mother, Bill? :D

Man, the conditions there just sound nuts. I'm envious as can be.

sven

Any 18+ with "apnea" abbilities? :D

Maybe a Kona Kraze in the planning......

Willer

To the single horny guys......nah only joking. You'd better watch out cos I've just started boxing for fitness and self - defence :ko :girlie....hehehe...
Seriously what's a thermocline?
:wave

Thermocline

A thermocline is the point where water temperature change. You can have many. The change can be very brutal. You can get a 5 degree in 1 feet deep change. A thermocline also bounce the sound, submarine will hide under a thermocline so sonar from boat can't see them. I think the same apply to spearfishing. A fish under a thermocline will have less chance of hearing you, unless you get in the same "slice" has it. The thermocline is because hot water is lighter then cold water, so it will tend to go on the surface.

Try not to break a nail while boxing ha ha ha. (sorry , i couldn't pass that one):D

Thanks - so do you check out fish from the "slice" above it then go down to hunt them....how does the thermocline change you diving patterns?
Yeah funny one about boxing - ha ha. I knew somebody would crack a joking about me being a female boxer.
Watch your back though - :martial :ko
:girlie

Thermocline

Hi,
actually, the only diving technique associated with thermocline is about the temperature, not the sound. Some fish will prefer to stay at a colder temperature, that mean under the thermocline. By knowing the thermocline deep and temperature at different deep, you will know where the fish should be.

Speaking of temperature, i had a friend who was doing "agachon" (fall to the bottom like a rock and stay immobile until the fish come to you out of curiosity). Each time, the fish would come but stop out of reach. He finally went to see what was preventing the fish from coming closer ans he ran into a hot current. The current was making a barrier that the fish did not want to cross... :(

By the way, i prefer trap and skeet then bowing. :D

Originally posted by Nicky
To the single horny guys......nah only joking. You'd better watch out cos I've just started boxing for fitness and self - defence :ko :girlie....hehehe...
Seriously what's a thermocline?
:wave

Boxing??? Hehehee........You will have no chance against these guys with boxing.
Just let me teach you some shaolin kung-fu which more than self defence:martial :martial :martial

May be i should give an online lessons to gain the enough money for new freediving gear and
dive trip.:cool:

Kung-fu? meh.. let me show the Ancient Art of Fahq-yuu. works well at my bar :martial

Thermoclines are wonderful for hunting, everytime I found a good one my freezer was full >//////> (my attempt at a fish)

Willer

Originally posted by Amphibious
Kung-fu? meh.. let me show the Ancient Art of Fahq-yuu. works well at my bar :martial

Willer

:naughty You don't know what hell are you talking about.

It's doesn't like what the hollywood movies mentioned.:vangry

Calm down and watch the footsteps of the NIRVANA.......

You will find peace and slefconfidence at the end.

That was the first and last time that i talked about this topic.

Originally posted by Murat

:naughty You don't know what hell are you talking about.

It's doesn't like what the hollywood movies mentioned.:vangry

Sheesh....ease up dude....I'm sure Willer was pulling your leg :)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

I am not trying to blame anyone.I am very rarely get so much angry.Sorry dudes...

Ha ha! Calm down guys...its all good - life is good! (mainly because diving was discovered:D )

Originally posted by Murat

Are you for real when talking about this Buddhism stuff? That is so cool.
There are so many types of self defence - far out! I only live in a small town so there are limited types of self defence, actually there is only boxing at the local gym but I love it already. Pitty that competition boxing is illegal in my state for the females :hmm.
Not many people are willing to give it a go, there aren't many people that will listen to the small community of femal boxers in Australia:mute .
And Murat? What do you mean that I wouldn't stand a chance against these guys in boxing? Ha! we'll see about that :D .
Willer..... is the >//////> fish common in your parts? :t
Thanks for the thermocline info aswell...what is trap and skeet Mr. Frenchman? And how do you fall to the bottom like a brick - with weights are something? That would be cool.
Ok see ya
~ Mr. Ali's sister
:martial

Trap and Skeet

In Trap and Skeet you are shooting flying dishes with shotgun.I like it too but no chance to do it coz i am little young to take firearm license here.You must be 21 so i must wait one more year.

This sport is not very common in some countries coz you must pay little treasure to buy a shotgun.Of course if you want some good stuff.But there is cheap models also, around thousand dollars.

trap and skeet

Hi,
trap and skeet is when you shoot clay pigeon with a shotgun. Even mike tyson can't stand a shoot with OO buck from my mosberg 500 AB 12 gauge 18" canon shotgun. (macho macho man....) . Best self defence is always to run fast.

To fall like a rock you have to learn how to make a good duck dive. A friend of mine use extra weight that he leave at the bottom and that is tied to his float at the surface, so he can retreive it.

The trick with agachon is to fall silently to the bottom and stay there without moving. You have to wait for the fish to pass in front of your gun to shoot. Since fish are curious they will come to see what feel to the bottom but if you make noise (for instance when you do vasalva and your ear pop doing iiiiiiii) they run away very fast.

What i like best about agachon is that all the small fish will come to you very fast, so even if i dont see anything worth shooting, i have the immense pleasure of looking at all those funny little creature.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT