• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bloody Cold!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Re: Trap and Skeet

Originally posted by Murat
, around thousand dollars.

All you need is a 75$ one shoot shootgun and a friend to throw the dishes. You can even make your own out of clay. It's a fairly cheap sport in Québec (Canada). It's just not very know of, the most complicated thing is to find some place where you can shoot at the sky without having all the pellets falling on someone, could be annoying but not dangerous. They do trap and skeet on some luxury cruise, if you ever go on holiday on a cruise ship.

Underwater trap and skeet

Actually, you could do the same under water. Lie in 10 meter of water and have a friend at the surface throwing stuff at you and try to hit them before they touch the bottom. I'll have to try that some day.

Re: Re: Trap and Skeet

Originally posted by crazyfrenchmen

All you need is a 75$ one shoot shootgun and a friend to throw the dishes.

75 dollars? Are you sure? Is it pump action or something that you made it home?rofl

Trap and Skeet eh? Sounds like "clay pigeon target shooting", which is what we call it here in Australia. Don't know if its the same thing but it would probably be real similar.
I haven't tried it myself but some of my friends have and they liked it. I used to shoot competition .22 (rifle shooting) at my local club and am thinking of going to Sydney for a state comp. Don't know if I can be that bothered with the Sheela jokes that I'll cop from some of the male shooters there :vangry
Do you do that in your countries?
Thanks Frenchy for that tricky diving info about plumeting to the bottom....that sounds like heaps of fun. Have you had much success with that?
Ok till next time guys,
Nicky
:thankyou (always wanted to use that one :D )

I mean the one with the flowers and the little smilie is going "thankyou! thankyou! etc."

Aaahh forget it.:hmm

There must be problems with smileys....

It happened to me several times.

but I wanna use the flower one!

oh well I'll just use this one instead - they are so funny :chatup

Hey Murat, I couldn't help notice that you were from "Cyprus"...where on Earth is that?

Agachon

Originally posted by Nicky
Do you do that in your countries?

Have you had much success with that?

Hi,
here in britanny, they do that (sexist) but back in Québec (my home), woman do pretty much what they want.

That's the only technique that works well here for most good fish.

Hey Murat, I couldn't help notice that you were from "Cyprus"...where on Earth is that?

It`s an island in Med. Sea.Just lie below of the Turkey and Above of the Egypt....

Unfortunatelly not all of us blessed with endless oceans...:(

Hey murat...
Not all of us are blessed with warm waters with good visibility and fishes to spear.
Think of baltic sea.. :waterwork
hardly a sea and propably the most polluted sea in the whole world. No visibility and no fish.
Cyprus is a heaven compared to finland in terms of diving and spearing.

Tuomo

Originally posted by tuomo
Hey murat...
Not all of us are blessed with warm waters with good visibility and fishes to spear.
Think of baltic sea.. :waterwork
hardly a sea and propably the most polluted sea in the whole world. No visibility and no fish.
Cyprus is a heaven compared to finland in terms of diving and spearing.

Tuomo

:( :( :(

You dive in Finland!!!
My Goodness!
What is there in the water?

...Yes he does.. it is no good diving..most of the time.. there is some little fishes...like really small and well loads of mud..=bad viz, and well mucho little stuff floating in the water= bad viz..
Imagine standing on a beach that you usually could see the sparkling water as the sun shines on it... in Finland..there is ice! the sea freezes over so you can walk on it or drive your car on it..then the water is darn cold but viz good..so take your pic..
and answer your question..
what is there in the water? Just plain nothing...

Everytime I feel depressed I just read about all the terrible dive locations others are at and suddenly I feel better. For a bunch of back-assward rednecks we DO have some of the best hunting grounds...:D

feel good...

Well I am glad you find your happiness in "our" misery..:cool:
I just have to think about the places I have been diving and I feel good to go to the UK Channel, although there is not that much to see, the water is ok..viz about 2M-5M little creatures on the bottom...:)
Some day I'll live in a place where I can dive all year round in crystal clear water with loads of colourful fishes..zzz zzz zzz
Safe diving!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT