• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Boys name with an ocean /sea meaning?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have a south african friend called Marinus, not a very common name. But just to keep the balence between good sudgestions and bad one's have you considered Ahab?

Oh c'mon... I think Marvin is a good boys name! Maybe it is a good thing im not looking at having kids any time soon Haha

Thanks again so far, but we have a friend who has a child named Marvin!

I did try and run Ocean by her but got one of 'them looks'...

At the moment it is going to be a normal but uncommon name for our boy I think.

I still really love Morgan - so if the next ones a boy we will use that for him.

If there are anymore keep 'em coming please...?

Cheers

Ryan

I think all your friends and family might have exhausted all the ocean themed names! What about Douglas? "dark river"

I think all your friends and family might have exhausted all the ocean themed names! What about Douglas? "dark river"

Think you might be right, the thing is they would have done it without even realising - which is slightly annoying for me!

Has to be the sea or ocean for me...

Okay okay how about Enzo :cool:

jean-reno.jpg

Reactions: azapa
I'm sure the pronunciation of Kai or Khai means "Dog" in the Cornish language.

Okay okay how about Enzo :cool:

jean-reno.jpg

Love this Spaghetti, but I have been told to stop it with stupid names by the missus!

I don't understand what she's on about personally, looks like it's going to be a normal name for this one...

Sorry guys!

Thanks for all your help.

I've got it!! CliCli!! The kid from Marine Boy, he rode on a turtle. A TURTLE!!!!!

Love this Spaghetti, but I have been told to stop it with stupid names by the missus!

So it must have been Calamari that messed up everything.
My fault. Apologies mate. :eek:

PS: How about..................? :blackeye

A not so serious suggestion:

Nemo ;)

But you can also take the names of famous freedivers, Umberto, Tanya, William, Herbert, Sebastien, etc. !

Knew of a lad in college and his name was Nemo, after Captain Nemo and he had a hard time.

Apparently one can have many names, so why just give him one?

Actually giving him many names offers him a choice of which he likes most!

Also if these names begin with Title letters, people may give him a better wage. ;)

Acula (shark in Russian)
Martin (Martin Stepanec, close to Marine too)

Never thought about Martin being close to Marine :inlove

Thanks for all the replies guys and girls but we have chosen Callum now, fingers crossed for a boy next time round and then I can use the mighty Morgan!

Cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT