• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Breaking Beuchats

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I got a response from Beuchat in France and here in Germany.
They say that there is a known problem with the rubber of the footpocket (it splits). I can send them my fins/footpocket and they will replace it, but I don't know if they already fixed the problem with the material (I asked about it in the reply mail) I'll inform you when I get response.
Griff, maybe you should contact Beuchat in SA (if they have a office there)
The Beuchat Mundial fins are working great, so if Beuchats fixes the problem with the material I can recommend them to everyone.

Greets

Taro:duh

Good News

I am getting a new foot pocket and a new blade sent to me from the beuchat dealer.
i didnt find out whether the store actually asked the dealer if the fins were inspected or not. the dealer didnt say too much. i get the idea he doesnt want to upset a big client. anyway, i'm getting my stuff so i'm happier about it. i just hope it doesnt get lost in the post now. every south african knows about our post office. items that look interesting sometimes dont reach their destination. Riaan, you posted a bungee floatline that didnt make it, didnt you? i hope there isnt a wannabe-freediver postal worker.

i'm glad the beuchats are sorted out, i like those fins.

Mark

Sounds like two now ...

I posted one in Jan, which didn't make it, so I calimed the insurance money and made a new one. It was supposed to be at Andrsn about two weeks ago, but still nothing. And this package has been sent twice already - the first time I enquired after about 5 weeks, they told me "Oh, sorry, it 'missed the boat' - would you like us to try again?"

Now it's been about 7 weeks after tat, I think I'm gonna give up on it. The only problem is that the alternative (DHL / FedEx etc) is a LOT more money - around R 800 compared to the R 180 odd via the postal service ....

Sigh.

SASpearo,
I thought my local Post Office is one of the rare unreliable one around but it seems you are having the same problem. I know it sucks.

Griff/Mark,
I don't own long blade freediving full pocket/full foot fins yet but I been using regular length full pocket fins for years and I think the rubber area always get split/broken. In the past 3 years I have consumed 4 full foot fins, 2 of Seaquest and 2 of Mares Quattro. I always thought it is normal, I mean rubber has to break someday. These fins mentioned is a throw away case if the rubber foot pocket split, they can't be replaced. Good to hear ur Beauchat fins can get fixed.

PETER ,

Hi ! Just in time to catch you.........
I surfed your www cause I am now looking for a freediving fins. I rather ask you in this forum so that anyone else having the same question will see the answer...save ur time on repeat answer. I never had the chance of owning any long blade fins so I need your advice cause I have interest in your long US$135 model. I can never use open heel fins with boots, I get cramp in a short period of time. The only open heel fin I can survive with, is the Mares Plana Avanti series. I read your literature well and ur post in Fins-Fins-Fins. I bought a Scubapro Split Fin, full pocket version cause every major manufacturer is going for split, so I suppose they are good. This split is fine but since it has a heavy mass cause it intergrate the jet ribs of their famous Jet Fins, I still prefer my full foot Quattro, overall fatigue is less and no slower.
I dumped the fin only after 1 trip......sell it for a song.

Since you $135 fin is a pro/competition use, how will it be for me , someone who easily get cramps. I am afraid I do not have the kind of muscle a pro has. Basically I am looking for a fin which is most efficient but not stiff. Also I do not want to use any hard sole boots. I will use a 2 mm Mimetic Henderson sock/bootie. Your strap being wide is realy a unique feature, at least this is the factor that made me consider ur product even when it is an open heel. I am so against open heel, like many others.

I appreciate any advice you can give. My other option will be a Riffe/Omer fin, the softest one.

Thanks Everyone,
IYA

4 fins in 3 years!

That must have been a lot of paddling.
As far as i know, for my fins to split after 11 months is below par for freediving fins. I know guys who have used the same fins for years now. I think that the freediving fin pockets are meatier than scuba fins, probably because they have to transfer more force. my mares avanti are definately more flimsy than the beuchats.
They are (hopefully) getting posted today, so now i wait.
just to put a good word in for our postal service, i received the T shirt that i won for registering for deeper blue, from narked. got here safe and sound, and because narked wrote me a nice letter saying congrats and here's your prize, i didnt pay any duties. thanks to db and narked for the T.

Mark

I haven`t got long blade fins yet but i will buy a pair soon (when the new Millenium standarts reach the local dealers). At least i hope it will come. It is the only chooice but i like them anyway. I have Cressi-Sub Clio full pocket. They are litle small but very durable. I am using them for 4 years even in bad conditions (swiming around roks and walking on the rocks :)).They are is no problem with them. Except their`s foot pocket size became little small for me :).

Talk of the T-Shirt from DB...

My T shirt has not reached me yet. I thing Mr Stephan has received my mailing address only like 20 days ago. I think maybe in the next 60 days it will come. How does it look like ?

Griff,
I am basically a scuba diver so all my fins are very abused. As for freediving you don't really fight current the way I do when the necessity comes cause you do not have air supply. My fins mostly get damaged in one particular diving spot where I use them as "propellers" along with my hands on the decent line or else I can't fight against the strong current. Sometimes it took 5-6 minutes just to hit 60 feet, so that is why they never last.
Good luck on ur replacement parts.

Murat,
I notice in the past that everytime I have a very tight full pocket, they split faster. Becareful. Too lose will cause pain and bruises. Use thin socks and that rubber 3-way fin keeper.

IYA

Narked T

Iya
I'm very impressed with the shirt. Killer design and good quality. it even fits me! It was a very, very welcome surprise from DB.
as for your postage, maybe there is a problem somewhere (like a post office staff member with a funky new shirt) because mine was sent around the 10th of june, and i got notified of its arrival last week. they sent it airmail. now thats good service.

good luck, and dont get bent

Mark

Beuchat fins..too close for comfort

Hi guys.

I was reading the post's about problems with Beuchat fins with great interest!

I had quite a hair raising experience a few months back...kicking off from the bottom after a 26m dive and a fish on the other end of my spear...my left fin decided to break. It snapped clean right at the foot pocket leaving me in serious trouble. Probably the closest shave I have had so far and I lost a nice fish and my favourite weight belt in the process! Think I will I stick to my trusty Picasso Blackteam fins from now on!

Beuchat make great fins, but next time I might not be so lucky.:)

Hi Iya,
sorry for not answering so long - I've got my delivery from the Europe at last and it's really hot time for me.
You're right cramps can be a problem 'cause heal is in fact quite sensitive. I've written to guys from Russian and Ukrainian Teams (the're best in the World in finswimming) and ex-Teams and waiting an answer. I understand that sportsmen opinion can be quite diferent from 'normal' folk, well let's see. We're guys from the cold countries and 18 celsium is OK for us without suit. :)
So test in the heat loosing with closed-openheal had shown practically the same. But the same it can be for guys who spent most of their swimminglife in cold waters... I never had a problem like that so I'll find out smth for you.
We're working now for the fullpockets, they're not ready yet.
:-((
I've written about blades, that possible to use for sporasub footpockets I can send it to you. We agreed with Andrsn to send him longfins for tests, but this guy fell in love with monos, so I've sent Mono1 for him... Usual story... Who trys mono never forget it.
We can send interchangable with Sporasub blades for everyone.
I've put the prices in near future.
Textolites (fiberblades) are more stable to time and make better performance but more fregile and it's cruisial if for example you usually hunting in caves (or droping your fins onto stones :) ).
Well' that's what I know about this staff.
So I'm waiting answer from the 'dolphinmen' and I'll keep you posted.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT