• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bubble Rings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Great PICS!!!

I got inspiration from all the nice pics, so I went down and tried some bubble the other day. I can get the ring shape but the bubbles didn't become perfectly "clear". The water was only about 4-5m deep, I guess deeper water is needed...or what?

No deep water required.
I do it in a 4m pool,
and it goes solid from bottom to top,
without breaking up.

all you need is a bit of practice....and no current.

Here is one I took from my trip to the Solomons earlier this month

Attachments

• bestring.jpg
    bestring.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 474
Reactions: Pezman
Hey Jon,

That tripped me out. As I'm reading the thread, I see a pic of me diving towards a bubble-ring. Where did you get that shot?:D

That photo was taken when I worked in Grand Cayman by Carlos Villosh. A very good u/w photographer, you should check-out his web-page if you get a chance, I believe its www.magicsea.com

Here is one of me... it is small res cause i made a vid of it and took a screenshot... its in my pool @ 1.5 meters

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 466
Here is picture of one of my bubble rings. It was done in a 4 m deep pool. I was both - diver and photographer.:D
Deeply,
MANUEL HOLLER

Last edited:
Wow, great thread.

I run www.BubbleRings.com, check it out to see more pics of bubble rings from divers. (See the Links section.)

If you have any photos of bubble rings I could post on my web site, please email me and I will reply with details, or just email the pic and I'll put it up with full credit to you.

David Whiteis

http://www.BubbleRings.com

PS. Any entrepreneurial types (near Maryland hopefully) interested in working together on creating a SCUBA diver's toy that creates bubble rings at the push of a button? I already have the design done.

Attachments

• rm1-75pct-o.jpg
    rm1-75pct-o.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Reactions: Pezman
Hey!Is that the silver surfer.Just joking . Can't wait to get some clear water so I can practice.

That photo was taken when I worked in Grand Cayman by Carlos Villosh. A very good u/w photographer, you should check-out his web-page if you get a chance, I believe its underwater photography and fine art prints of sea life

Hey, That's me !! I know this is a very old post, but I've just found it by chance. Cali, still around? free diving? I remember when I took the photo of you through a bubble ring, more than 10 years ago...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT