• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Buddy needed in Norfolk, East anglia, England

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freedive or scubaa

• any,

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • freedive

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

peter122

Dec 30, 2015
Hi all

Im a SSI level 2 freediver from Kings Lynn, Norfolk, UK looking for a buddy to dive off north Norfolk coast on the chalk reefs.

Get in touch if your interested

Pete

I saw a documentary about the chalk reefs - looked like an incredible dive spot - loads of crabs, bass and general sea life. Do you have bad problems with the viz?

I saw a documentary about the chalk reefs - looked like an incredible dive spot - loads of crabs, bass and general sea life. Do you have bad problems with the viz?

Hi loads of life out there and many different dive spots, the water quality is good and visibility is good, as long as there has been no storms. The water quality get better and better the further from The Wash (Hunstanton) you get. North Norfolk is a beautiful part of the country and i hope we can get a group of freedivers to experience what it has to offer.

Cromer Shoal Chalk Beds Marine Conservation Zone

Chalk%20reef%20-%20Rob%20Spray%20web.jpg
Chalk reef (Credit Rob Spray)

Three metre high arches of chalk tower up above the seabed, providing a home for attached sponges and red seaweeds, whilst shoaling horse mackerel fly through the water like silvery darts.

Located just 200 metres from the Norfolk coast is the start of an exciting stretch of chalk reef, ranging from 0 – 20 metres in depth. This unique reef comprises boulders, stacks and arches and is most likely to be Europe’s largest chalk reef. Alongside chalk, the seabed is composed of a mixture of rock, sediment, peat and clay.

Marine life is abundant here, including blue mussel beds, over 30 species of sea slug, harbour porpoises, grey and harbour seals, alongside occasional sightings of sunfish and basking sharks.

The chalk habitat here hosts large communities of crustaceans, burrowing piddocks, sea squirts, anemones and sponges; the purple sponge found here is a species new to science and was only discovered in 2011 by Dr Claire Goodwin. Shoaling fish are also a common sight and provide food for many seabirds, including common, little and Sandwich tern.

not sure if any one will look at this again but i am from lincs and am keen to meet up and see what N Norfolk has to offer

Hi
This is great, maybe we could get a group together and get out on the water? The dive season is at end here though and visibility is worsening. There are many lakes around though with good visibility most of the year.

Went to gildenbrough last week. That's a good site and mid way for all of us near Peterboro if that's any interest

Gildenbourgh looks a cool, do they allow freediving? if so count me in. i will be freediving sherringham's new snorkel trail next weekend if anyone would like to join? Picture of site below

image.jpg

I'd love to join for that. See it on Facebook the other day. Seas quite warm ATM still. Yes. It's £4 for the day

Where is sherringham's snorkel trail? I tried to google it but can't find anything about it.

Where is sherringham's snorkel trail? I tried to google it but can't find anything about it.

It is not going to be open until next year as they putting in the safety measures to comply with legislation, but you can still dive on the site. there is also a large calk gully stretching for 20 miles full of life just off shore.

I'd love to join for that. See it on Facebook the other day. Seas quite warm ATM still. Yes. It's £4 for the day

Awesome, October 22nd not sure of tide times yet. Do you have a contact number you could PM me?
£4 that's good, im well up for that.

How is with visibility in culk gully now? I will be in King's Lynn start of next week, is it worth to take my gear with me?

This is very cool. Great to hear from some people from the East Coast who know what is going on. I am very keen to get involve with some of this. Annoyingly I have a stupid baby due on the 22nd of Oct ruining all my fun. Dam it. How late in the year can you keep going of the coast or is it already too murky. Defo keen for some lake diving though if the sea season is over.

Guys, Gixxermatt and I have set up a whatsapp group to make it a bit easier to get in touch with each other. If you pm either of us with your phone number then we will add you on to the group. We are both group admins at the moment so either can add people and I think we will just make everyone who joins an admin in case people bump into some one they wish to add.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT