• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

building first gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i got my wood today :) unfortunately i had to remove some length (price you pay when your using recycled wood) my pieces are only 53 inches long how long of a track should I use?? how long of a gun should i make

by the way every one, my measurements were off (junk old wooden ruler don't worry i got i new metal one ) on the Alexander trigger mechanism it fits into a hole i made with a 1/2 inch bit router perfectly

Last edited:
hey do you have any pics of your gun. i would love to see if it is the same gun that i saw in a dive store in keywest last week. the owner of the store said the guy who made the gun was named jason. but either way i want to make my first custom gun, and would love all the advice i could get. Im looking to make a enclosed trac gun that i can freeshaft, approx 110 cm.

hey do you have any pics of your gun. i would love to see if it is the same gun that i saw in a dive store in keywest last week. the owner of the store said the guy who made the gun was named jason. but either way i want to make my first custom gun, and would love all the advice i could get. Im looking to make a enclosed trac gun that i can freeshaft, approx 110 cm.

yeah, that gun is one of mine. a 55 mid handle. there are pics in this forum under DIY section. it says 55 midhandle. i dont know what your woodworkingskills are, but the hardest part for me is getting the barrels straight square and true on all sides. especially if you plan to use a router table to do the slots. personally, i built a router slide jig to make the tracks, i lock the barrel into the table, and the ROUTER moves, this way i could cut a straight track in a bent piece,(not that i would use a bent piece, but it eliminates the need for perfection with the planing. there really is alot to it. let me know what info you need. if it gets to be too much, i can make you a 110 track gun for around 550$ that will beat the shit out of any other gun you could get for that price. i have got three barrels around that size ready to rock. just the router bits alone will run you 100$. plus you have to buy west system epoxy. you wont use the whole can of resin or hardener, but that will run you 100$ too! then you got to come up with the teak. 40$ a board foot is no joke. then the trigger mech, handle frame, and line anchor will run you around 160$ that puts you around 350$ to get started,(plus a shit ton of sharp tools)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT