• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Calling all divers / spearos in Brazil!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Merhaba Mustafa!

Izmir hey... a great place, but I've never dived there - what's it like?

There is a licence that you have to have for amateur fishing in Brazil. The site is:

http://sinpesq.mpa.gov.br/pndpa/web/

and then follow the links, but you'll need some help from Google translate or something, because as far as I can tell it's only in Portuguese!

You will need to get Type III (Category C), which is for spearing, but also then covers line fishing, etc. You can do it all on-line, and then have to pay the fee of R$60, which we can also do on-line here, but I don't think you will be able to - you will probably have to go into a bank here to do so.

If you are using a travel agent in Brazil then they can probably help you with all of this. If you are only going to dive once or twice, then it may not be worth doing it at all, but I'm not sure about the authorities in Rio. The other question is if you will dive with friends, or if you will go on a charter - if it's the latter they may be already covered by licences for once-off tourists. Drakon will probably be able to inform you better about the Rio situation.

Anyway, hope this helps - let me know if you need some help with the site and the translations!

Cheers,

Aidan. :friday

Hahaha... I pressed Send at the same time your message came through Drakon! Obviously the conditions for diving down there aren't good today.... the water is terrible here too!!

Abraços,

aidan.

Sounds good man, I will be bringing my own gun with me but its going to take a few dives before i get back into the swing of things. So i might spend the first few taking photos.
Not long now!! woop woop.rofl

ha, everyone is on the internet today! my excuse is thats it about 3 degrees outside im pretty sure you guys in brazil dont have the same problem.

Nope, definitely don't have that problem! I just took this photo from my apartment balcony to get you excited about Brazil! :)

As I said, no dramas with the weather today, but the wind's from the wrong direction, and the water is milky, especially at the bottom, so no vis and hence no diving! :head

I'm off to spend money on Xmas stuff, will chat again soon.....

Attachments

• IMG_4061.JPG
    IMG_4061.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 174
Merhaba Mustafa!

Izmir hey... a great place, but I've never dived there - what's it like?

There is a licence that you have to have for amateur fishing in Brazil. The site is:

http://sinpesq.mpa.gov.br/pndpa/web/

and then follow the links, but you'll need some help from Google translate or something, because as far as I can tell it's only in Portuguese!

You will need to get Type III (Category C), which is for spearing, but also then covers line fishing, etc. You can do it all on-line, and then have to pay the fee of R$60, which we can also do on-line here, but I don't think you will be able to - you will probably have to go into a bank here to do so.

If you are using a travel agent in Brazil then they can probably help you with all of this. If you are only going to dive once or twice, then it may not be worth doing it at all, but I'm not sure about the authorities in Rio. The other question is if you will dive with friends, or if you will go on a charter - if it's the latter they may be already covered by licences for once-off tourists. Drakon will probably be able to inform you better about the Rio situation.

Anyway, hope this helps - let me know if you need some help with the site and the translations!

Cheers,

Aidan. :friday

Aidan,

thanks for all of that useful information.

izmir or the Turkish part of the aegean sea is ok. Its overfished like anywhere else. North aegan is really good. thats where i go most of the time. a lot of game fish up there. south aegean sea is popular for deep dives for the dentex, gag, groupers (illegal in Turkey). if you ever visit here let me know.

thanks

Right, Guarapas website is great and you should find there all info
Cheers and big catches

-------------------------
SPEARFISHING

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT