• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Calling Welsh Spearos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks Ben, best method for training I have found is to hold your breath whilst walking/running at periodic intervals, really helps when palming. Don't over ventilate too such to start with as you'll feel giddy etc....and then fall over. Usually hold to around 2-3.5 mins when diving, just under 4 static.
I shot the attached off west wales in August, still plenty about of a good size.

Rob

Attachments

• 4BassWestWalesAug05email.jpg
    4BassWestWalesAug05email.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 233
Rob,

If you dont mind me asking....Where did they come from?

Ben

Good trip report ben - at least you had your Kite for when the wind was up! I 'm a fan of the surface hunt - a couple of the best spots on the gower are surface spots and I recently got a five pronger just for this purpose - first time i tried it though a nice bass just flapped a couple of time and was off - need a bit a bit more power! Most of my best fish have come from the surface actually but some days you need that extra dimension of going down of you'll catch porthcawl - esp when vis is so so. Gully creeping is sometimes the way to go and you'll have to hold your breath for that too! Try and get back to me on that PM if you can - maybe try a new one or something - I'll know what your on about!

Robbo, you had those french spearo's over yet? How'd they get on?

Ben, around Manobier. How about you ?
French over next year, combining a trip to Ireland. Graham, do you know of any scallop beds, can't seem to locate any.

Rob

Graham, Rob....

My pm wont work.
I guess you both have alternative e-mails
Pm me these and i'll reply by regular non forum mail...

Cheers
ben

Alison,

Yeah, sort of...not sure if its a forum problem or my PC
when i reply to a PM i click "submit reply" and its all frozen, im then prompted to close program or reboot PC.....

any ideas?

ben

No clue, I saw you trying to reply to me but no message, I'll speak to Stephan and see if he can sort you out :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT