• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Canada - Quebec - List your spearfishing spots

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
where you guys got your spearfishing equipement.???

Hello Joco. I mostly buy from Scubastore, they have fair prices, and even with shipping and customs, it's still cheaper than most US stores.

I'm planning on getting a new speargun in a week or two, we could easily combine shipping. I'm in Mont-Tremblant, 2 hours from Ottawa

we could..

what are you looking to get.?

are you on that new free dive site in quebec to bud.?

we ahve to get all together somehow. for some outhing.

joco

Yep, I'm also on the Quebec Freedive Forum as Inovis.

I'm looking for another 90cm speargun, knife and other goodies

Hi Guys,
I'm from Québec city and I'm happy to read here about the quality of the 31 miles lake. I never went there but I strongly plan this.

Anyway, the spearfishing season will begins soon!
This year, it's new, i will hunt with a VIDEO CAMERA!
I plan to take some pictures only at the bottom of the Montmorency fall.
Lot of people talked to me about gigantic carp, salmon, trout and doré. Near the bridge, you can see, sometimes, sturgeon.
I will show you this.

hi vinzman

dont forget surtgeons is offlimit for spearfishing..its illigal.

and salmon is the same almost everywhere if its not all over..dont forget to chek the rgs about spearfishing species.

nice to see you here.

the more the better

joco

Hi everybody,

Im from quebec city and im new at the sport. I have a couple of guns and i want to explore some others spots around Qc. I went to Lac Beauport this summer and i had 3-4 bass which were about 3 to 4 pounds. A very nice first experience. We parked near the club nautique and it was very easy to acces the lake. I'd like to hear some stories about pikes. Does anyone can give me some tips or tell me his own story about spearing pikes. That would be my next challenge.... bass is nice to hunt but they are too easy to catch.

There is a couple of spot in quebec

1-31 miles lake
Get in: at l'auberge du lac 31 miles(parking fee)
est side from the first island north 46 18 27 N 75 46 42 O
centre part 46 15 16 N 75 48 13 O
Big and small mouth bass, Pikes, catfish and brown trout(good luck)
Nothing big but visibility is extraordinnary even after big rains

2-Lac du Mont-tremblant
Acces publique
The spot i know is at the source of the lake 46 16 31 N 74 39 20 O
Big bass, maskinongé, perche

3-Dam de Beauharnois
Boat needed, there is a ramp on Perrot Island. NO DEPT carefull
Best visibility around montreal, it's never bad even if it's been rainning
Bass are everywhere i mean everywhere
Walleye are in front of the gigantic doors and along the main streem.
6 pounder are common.
Pikes and perche are behind the little island the closest to the dam and on the north shore
Catfish (tons) If you swim down the streem on the right side of the island, you'll be surrounded by them.
Sturgeon likes medium currents and i have seen one every time i went there.

4-Lac St-Louis
45 20 43 N 73 54 17 O
Unbelivable Great Pikes even. if i had a picture you wouldn't believe it
Sturgeon and Walleye are common

If anybody is looking for good spot in Costa Rica let me know
I have been there for a year.
Take care and a lots of fish/memories

May the carp taste like crabe!! Amen

Hello everyone,
This year I'm finally ready to do some spearfishing. I'm trying to get some info on the area around Ottawa with good visibility in summer. Any suggestions? I'll be coming from Toronto so Ottawa area is probably closest for me to drive (or though if someone wants to go spearing together I would go to other areas in Quebec). Any help greatly appriciated.

Hello everyone,
This year I'm finally ready to do some spearfishing. I'm trying to get some info on the area around Ottawa with good visibility in summer. Any suggestions? I'll be coming from Toronto so Ottawa area is probably closest for me to drive (or though if someone wants to go spearing together I would go to other areas in Quebec). Any help greatly appriciated.
Its illegal to use a speargun in Ontario but not in Quebec

I'm aware it's illegal to spearfish in Ontario. I mean I'll be going to Quebec side (around Hull area).

Hello everyone,
It's going to be my first season spearfishing here in Quebec. I don't know any good lakes for spearing and would appreciate any advice. I'll be driving from Toronto for a weekend when the season opens and wouldn't mind to join anyone on the trip to the lake.

Hi, guys. I am trying to find a place/park in Quebec where I can do spearfishing and camping at the same time. Does anyone know a place where I can do back country camping and spearfishing? Algonquin park would've been perfect )))) but spearfishing is not allowed there (

Hey, kirillca

I'm also looking for spots like that in Quebec. My friend and I are planning to go sometimes in July. So if you are in Toronto and want to share gas maybe we can join forces=). Anyways if I hear of any campground/spearfishing spots I'll let you know.

Hi, guys!

If you don't mind and if you plan this trip to Quebec in august too I would like to join you.

If you are planning other diving activity near Toronto keep me in mind, it will be pleasure for me to join.

By the way where it is possible to buy a few 1 kg balance weights in Toronto?

Hi Ustas, this is Alex :)
You can join us on a trip in August, however we don't have the dates yet. I'll let you know when we decide. As for weights, you can get them from a dive shop.
Regards

Spearfishing Tournament Idea for Quebec

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My name is Jon-Erik Dillon and I am an avid spearo in Quebec on Lake Memphremagog. I wanted to post an idea to see how much support I would get for this concept.

I have been bouncing the idea around of starting a Quebec Spear fishing tournament. There appears to be a lot of people actively doing this sport in Ontario/Quebec that this would be an exciting event to all join for a weekend and put a nice competitive edge to it.

There could even be several events during the summer in different locations to better serve everyone's schedule.

I'd love to hear some feedback from Spearos that hunt the Quebec waters every summer?

Also if your ever in Playa Del Carmen/Cozumel/Cancun and want to spearfish, look up Spearfishingtoday.com (leo is the man) here is our recent trip from a few weeks ago catching some wild Mahi Mahi:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_5TPi9iCX4]The Mahi and the Spearo.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Mahi Mahi The Mexican Way | Spearfishing Today

All the best,

Jon-Erik Dillon

jonerik (dot) Dillon @ gmail.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT