• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carlos Coste 102m WR

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You cannot calculate a person's static time from the points, because maybe the person had penalty points for missing their anounced performances, or starting late/early, etc....

Someone like Fred with 25 points may have announced 13 minutes and reached 8 minutes, etc...

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Eric, that was a joke about fred right ? :D

Hey guys the static results are up now !
http://www.freediver.co.uk/foc2004/staticresults.htm

My friend and training buddy Ryuzo got 1st place, yay !
Was a bit dissapointing he DQ'd his dive. He reached 88m in training!

Timmo's points or static time are wrong, they don't add up. I thought he did just under 7 or so, then lost points.

It's very funny to see my name up there in 6th place. I have always considered myself to be lousy at statics. I hated them and pretty much stopped training statics altogether except leading up to a comp. My PB last year was 6.21, and in the 1st week of training I was doing around the same. In the last week of this competition I tried a few different things, bit more hyperventilating, lots more packing. Next time I did 6.48, then 6.50, and the day before the comp I finally hit the magic 7 ! :D
In the comp I actually came up early because I had already DQ'd my dive :waterwork and I wanted to play it safe.

Cheers,
Wal

Last edited:
Hi Walrus,

Now i know which face belongs to this userid hihi. Nice to meet guys from DB i only new from their alias.
Your static was very good considering the blazing heat that a lot of people including myself suffered from.

Check out my site for more pictures of Cyprus. http://gallery.glenn-venghaus.com
Got a nice one from Timo preparing for static ;-) And of course from Ryuzo. Patricia took some cool shots from Carlos in the water just after his 102 , (while i was doing my warmup dive ).

Hope to see you again .

Last edited:
Carlos,

One of my goals is to have PBs that meet or exceed 1/2 the WR record in any discipline (except for VB and No Limits). Now, thanks to you, I need to bag a 51 M CB dive -- you bastard! :D.

Well done -- and hard to imagine ...

"It's very funny to see my name up there in 6th place. I have always considered myself to be lousy at statics. I hated them and pretty much stopped training statics altogether except leading up to a comp."
Hey Wal
Good to hear more top divers taking statics seriously. I want a little of the credit for pushing you to beat an old man. Seven is a nice round number. Big jump for you this year but, I'm still more impressed with your 150 meter dynamic and 60+ CB no fins. Hope you're planning to do some more training in Kona.
Aloha
Bill

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT