• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cayman HF2!!! (brown camo!!!)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
Check the new Omer catalogue 2008 on Omer website. Many new toys on the way.
What hits me is the Cayman HF2...I said "2", new version of the speargun, with a new design barrell and XXV style muzzle (with in-line bands or circular bands options).
What hits me even more:
the Cayman HF2 will be available also in brown camo paint with a....
CAMO SHAFT TOO!
check the catalogue: lovely stuff coming in 2008

looks like its time to get the credit card ready for action...:) i was about to buy the cayman HF but dont like the circular rubber, problem solved with the HF2...

ha ha ha...Marwan you may give your credit card some months or rest and recreation. Omer says the HF2 will be available not before February 2008.
The new hydroformed barrell has a funny design. From the handle, it comes off with a round 28mm section, then soon it makes a wide flat belly (looks the same as C4 Mr. carbon), then it becomes round again, then it widens again with two sorts of side "wings", and then finally it ends with a slim round 25mm section before the muzzle (the 25mm section is to fit the XXV style muzzle).
Ah forgot: the reel is a Match 50 also available in brown camo. But you should see the camo shaft: to die for!

Last edited:
ha ha ha...Marwan you may give your credit card some months or rest and recreation. Omer says the HF2 will be available not before February 2008.
QUOTE]

PERFECT! my birthday is in February :friday

After handling the Cayman HF I came away thinking it was a bit light for bluewater shooting - the Hf2 would seem to be the answer to that. Once again the Italians prove that they invented not only sex, but art and science!

Reactions: spaghetti
hiya

guys i am a bit disapointed on that new gun
why OMER made a one band muzzle?
why if the barrle is so strong just 1 circular band?
why just 110 cmm long?? :head
why they didnt made the carbon barrle in the same shape??
cant understand it
the gun looks nice
i loved the lycra mimetic for warm water people:)

Hi Mundial,

I believe the gun is designed to handle two bands - one threaded and one circular. The HF2 is the version of the HF with a hydroformed barrel with the 'wings' toward the front. The HF is still available in Carbon and with the other hydroformed barrel.
I think they want you to buy a cobra if you want a longer gun :)

-shameless omer fanboy

Last edited:
Hi Mundial,

I believe the gun is designed to handle two bands - one threaded and one circular. The HF2 is the version of the HF with a hydroformed barrel with the 'wings' toward the front. The HF is still available in Carbon and with the other hydroformed barrel.
I think they want you to buy a cobra if you want a longer gun :)

-shameless omer fanboy

as Mark L said he wished that the HF would be available in longer range

i ment the carbon to have the same shape as the HF it will be nice:)

i f we talking a wooden gun i prefer a Jedi or Denton

i f we talking a wooden gun i prefer a Jedi or Denton
that's cause your one of them sophisticated mediterranian type. Here in america we think anything that's not a JBL is incomprehensibly exotic and run right out to buy it so we can be cool :)

Fondueset is absolutely damn right: Mundial must buy a Cobra.

PS- A sad note. I read the 2008 Omer catalogue with more attention today, and in the spearguns section there's something missing....wtf!!!!????

spago
sorry to disapoint U but i have a wooden gun
made by a friend of main:)

Sorry no pics available except the pdf of the catalogue. Sorry it's not working for you, however: Cayman handle, XXV muzzle, MAtch 50 reel, hydroformed barrell with a variabel section, a big "belly" near the handle and two small flat wings near the muzzle, full length rail. It's a very good looking piece of kit. It's supposed to be more accurate and easy tracking than the HF1.

catalogo-3.jpg

catalogo-11.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: strangelove
I just noticed the new HF2 but you guys beat me to it - foiled again! I thought the "old" HF looked a little too thick (more drag than almost any normal speargun?) -- looks like they have probably addressed that with the HF2. [I was just eyeing up the old Excalibur & regular Cayman...looking for an inexpensive short gun 70/75cm -- doesn't seem to be worth spending mega-bucks on such a small gun].

Shortest one in the catalogue is 80cm...good size for the UK.:hmm

Did you notice the camo spear in the picture? (Apparently I can read Italian now too, on the limited edition section -- remarkably similar to English really;)).

Spaghetti, what is the Omer rubber like? Looks like they now sell bulk rubber:). Still no clear Zoom Pro (i.e. flexible) snorkel. The new low energy LED version of the Moonlight torch with aluminium head & Marseille belt look like winners (if reasonably priced). Very innovative company - surprised there aren't more dealer in the UK.

Last edited:
The Omer Power18 rubbers (18mm) are really good and I recommend them (Miles too recommended them in an old thread)
Not as good impressions about the Energy (16mm) and Top Energy (16,5mm). They're a bit jerky, not particularily smooth nor powerful. They can shoot your spear anyway, but nothing special.
But waitaminuet: is it just me, or there's no trace of the T20 in teh new catalogue?! I take this as sad news...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT