• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cayman HF2!!! (brown camo!!!)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
again boils down to perference and TRUST of the gun you are using, i never use any fancy guns, 90 or smaller, If we exclude the GAbbiano elite 90, i use regular aluminum spearguns, for size 90 and smaller, most fish taken with 75 and 60 cm cressi comanche ..
its just that i had recently tried one of my friends xxv gold 75, it was very impressive..

My Comanche 60 hits white breams straight between the eyes from almost (almost) 2 meters. It must be the indian...which indian?...the Comanche!:t

yes sir, the comanche is a great indian...i wonder why cressi always use these indian tribe names for their guns, geronimo, comanche, apache, sioux etc...?? is it because the indian/arrow saying? always seems strange to me..

Touching on the catalogue again I notice the stretchy face hood - I would like one please.
where would be a good place to buy the hood?

If we're talking of guns with an advanced design I believe they'll give a little "plus" compared to cheaper simpler gun. This "plus" it's not strictly necessary, it's just a little help, a little more accuracy and a little more handiness.
Recoil does exist especially on short guns. Maybe we don't notice, because shots are short and the small gun is easier to be kept firm when you hold it. But in terms of ballistics, no gun has such a poor accuracy as a lightweight short guns due to lack of mass.

Another great point of view, on the specific issue of the HF, unfortunatly I can't help it, I will always associate small guns with snook hutting, since the HF shoot is so loud, that would be more of an issue then any thing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
They are quite reliable but a little slow. I've been buying triggers from them for a couple of years now and they always get here. Adrian is freindly with Joan the owner so a PM to him might be useful if there are any problems

...since the HF shoot is so loud, that would be more of an issue then any thing else.

Just curious, did you use the stock bands, with the plastic caps when you changed the wishbone? I do not find that my HF is loud at all really. It is more quiet than any of the JBL's I've shot even the wood. I took all the hard stuff off I could. Still waiting to try the Hammerhead muzzle of course.

Can't take you anywhere! Go in for 1 item come out with the whole dang store! :)

again boils down to perference and TRUST of the gun you are using, i never use any fancy guns, 90 or smaller, If we exclude the GAbbiano elite 90, i use regular aluminum spearguns, for size 90 and smaller, most fish taken with 75 and 60 cm cressi comanche ..
its just that i had recently tried one of my friends xxv gold 75, it was very impressive..
I'm thinking small & light is what I'm looking for now, so seriously considering the Omer XXV 75/80 (probably non-gold as I don't need a reel &, though I like rails, the rail is not worth the significant extra cost to me, esp. in the shorter lengths) & 75 Comanche (again). I saw a very good price on one recently but can't recall where!:duh The Comanche strikes me as potentially the Ford Mustang of speargun - affordable high performance for the masses:). Would rather have bulk rubber, dyneema wishbones and spear-fin on the bottom though, SA-style;).

Thanks, I have never ordered from Subprof befor so here goes!

Just checked my mail to find a message from Subprof -
Date Ordered: Sunday 23 March, 2008
The comments for your order are
Dear customer, At this moment we have sold out in our store some of the items that you have purchased. We hope to receive it during this week. We will ship your order as soon as we receive it. Please, excuse us by the delay. Yours truly, Subprof,SL
Your order has been updated to the following status.
New status: Waiting
Dam :head

I think I have had that very same message with every single order I've made with them. Usually about 3 weeks from time of order to delivery.

yeah i was goin to say, thats standard response,,,,it usually takes more then a week, better give joan a call he could sometimes give you a more accurate lead time..i think thats their main problem, they are good honest guys and have a great selection, maybe the best selection, but stock management is an area for improvement definitely, i think if they adda feature to the site to show which items are in stock and which arent, it would be very helpful

New status: Waiting
Dam :head
What's the hurry Foxfish? I know you have enough spearguns to start the season;). I figure we've been warned that scubaland.fr take a few weeks but they offer good prices, so Im inclined to cut them some slack. It's more upsetting when you pay top-$ & still get poor service. (Actually, I do understand. I sometimes put together a long order with a lot of thought only to find that the main item is unavailable, very frustrating.)

BTW Have you noticed that shipping to & from Spain, Italy & Portugal is extraordinarily expensive? A first class stamp in the US is much cheaper than in the UK and will get a letter right across the continent, whereas in Britain it won't even get to the continent. The situation is even worse for parcels. (Bad day: power outage, rain, clouds - excuse the griping;)).

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT