• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Chat room meetings/advice/lessons?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

skarz

Rasta Freediver
Mar 4, 2004
I'm just a newb with another newb idea, but could we possibly get some of the veterans that know freediving in and out set up chat room meetings every once in awhile for beginners such as myself to ask questions about gear, training, situations, anything like that? I know everyone here has lives outside of DB, but if someone like Kars, Efattah, Jon, etc. could possibly host a chat room "meeting" maybe once a month, or once a week, or something down those lines? I think it could help tremendously because forums can be a lengthy process, and we don't always have time for replies. I just thought it might be a good idea to get some of the elites to lend a helping hand and be able to talk 1 on 1... it would be faster, more efficient, and i know i'd get a lot more info out of that than on the forums. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Skarz,

Excellent idea!

In fact we're currently looking into this. We're going to be doing a massive upgrade the forums in the near future and expanding and promoting the chat room is one of the key things on the list!

Awesome! I know that actually talking to the "living legends" would make a big difference, sending letters back and forth is a lot different than talking 1 on 1.

Stephen, could you give us some insight on what is still to come on DB? I would love to know what your plans are for the chat sessions.

I'm in the chatroom a lot, but no one else is so it gets boring talking to your self after a while.

chat room

Hi the idea of chat room is great from the begining-this is one of the best and fast way for comunication---

now we need is to know - is if there somene in the chat---- before we enter- because much of the time I enter nobody is there - for this reason I stop something entering in the chat---

if there is anyway to know the number of people that are conected already there it will be better for us---as it is in others chat room

saludos

Daniel.

I think what Skarz just said is a great idea. People can ask question and they can chat to "Guru's" and learn more. It would be very interesting to see how all this went. :)

And Skarz,
As for some of the Upgrades. Go to the bottom of the Forum and check out the Forum version. Then go to vBulletin and check out the new version. That will be one of the biggest upgrades. :D

Last edited:
Strplyr, im dumb, i couldn't find what you were talking about.... oops. Stephan when are you planning to update? Please make it soon :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT