• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Check this out !!!!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SAFishShooter

Waiting for Summer!!!
May 28, 2002
Got this of freediver.net

This photo was taken at Scottburgh during the annual sardine 'run' - the silvery color around the sharks is a pocket of sardines. This phenomenon is spectacular to behold, and can be very productive for divers hunting gamefish. The 'run' is normally in June/July and lasts for 3-4 weeks. Sardine shoals 20 km long and 2km wide are not uncommon!! (Check out the size of the sharks in relation to the cars parked on the beach.)

Attachments

• sards.jpg
    sards.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 415
:D I didn't see any spearo's in the water nearby.... those are darn big sharks... :head if you jump in with them...

YIKES !!!

OK, I am now y that no matter how difficult the fish come by near my close by coastal waters, at least I don't see and won't ever see sharks that size.

I can chummed all day long or bleed myself to death, still nothing this awesome will ever come, they don't belong here. He he he. I think the photo is an areal shot from a chopper/heli and I am sure the distance of the car is double that of the sharks, meaning the shark is still at least as big as a car......... Damn lucky me for living where I live.

IYA

Sigh ....

We get this each year. This photo is OLD .... and it's BS ...

First off, it's Park Rynie, not Scottburgh. Secondly, I can do a better editing job with ms paint ....

The water around the sharks are a lot lighter than the rest of the water, the shadows of the sharks are on the wrong side (check them against the shaddows of the vehicles and the shaddow of the bridge), the edges of the shoal is too straight to be anything but human / computer - induced ... the list goes on and on.

Pretty good photo overall though. Check out the photos (authenticated ones) in the Aliwal Shoal thread, and check the daily report on the sardine run
here.

Is our beloved DeeperBlue falling prey to scams? I hope not.

Inside info ..

The culprit His is allegedly Mike Hunt - coincidence or another wise 'crack'? However, that notwithstanding, you should check the dots all around the sardine shoal in the original ... still pretty scary ... they are sharks and other predators.

I'm trying to find the original for you .... will post it when I do.

Damn, the photo conned me !!!

Riaan,

U R right, the shadow of the shark and the car is opposite. This must be taken on Planet Earth 2 nd parallel universe where I heard there are 2 sun over there... he he he.

I thought the shark was so scarry till even the plankton around the shark moved away and thus clearer water around the shark. It must be the Jack Daniel in me looking at the photo. :duh

Damn u have eyes like a fish thief, good skill.:cool:

IYA

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT