• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

christchurch dorset

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Had a good day in mudyford harbour up at the quay.

Went in with midwater. Althogh we didnt get anything there was plenty of fish.

I think we would of been beter spearing on an out going tide as the fish would be happy sleepin after there feed on the incoming.

Might be able to go sometime. I'm not a spearo, and have not done any open water diving yet, but it's not too far for me! Maybe a bit cold at this time of year.

Is it shore diving or from a boat?

Lucia

You can do either. i usaly take my boat as its just easyer and safer.

You defently need a good wet suit

Hi there! Just sent you an e-mail. I'm definitely up for spearing any time. I live about 30 mins away...

I live in Poole and would be interested in spearfishing with you at some point, keep in contact!
Richie

Good stuf lots of people are coming out of the wood work!

I herd theres som good spearing in poole?

I have speared large Grey mullet near the chain ferry crossing much to the annoyance of the local anglers who at best can only manage a few small wrasse. I have also heard that Holes bay holds some flatfish, not too sure about how clean the water is there though.

I think he means the boulders at the very west end of Sandbanks beach, just at the harbour entrance...

I thought about going there myself, but didn't want to end up wrapped around someone's propellor...

Do you seriously spear there dude? Is it not really dangerous with all the boat traffic?

I'd kak myself...lol

it ok if you stay within the tall marker and the bays as for the most part it is too shallow for the larger boats. However if you dive down the tall boat lane marker it is possible to reach depths I estimated at around 15 meters. in the summer there can be some rib craft that come in a little closer but there are not many of them and they stay away from the rocks. If your up for a dive there just let me know.

I think thats the rocks im on about...i was told that boats cant get in close as of the rocks and not allowed...im not realy shur as not realy scouted poole much..

How easy is it to get into the water at Mudeford Quay?

Whats the vis like on average?

Is better outgoing tide or incoming?

Its easy but easer from hungusbry hed side...u have to watch out on the run...incoming tide is safer...this is when ul get bass and mulet...but the flat fish go to sleep on the out going...thers always mullet around.
ur beter off diving it in the week as less boats..Or else i have a frend with a Kayak sit on top and watch the boats..
As long as theres been no rain its usaly ok.

Hi Jimy

Was thinking of trying it on the Mudeford side of the harbour entrance.

Its a long walk out to Hengistbury head if memory serves me well!

Am going to give it ago in the morning tomorrow will let you no how it goes!

Hello,

I'm new to this site and will be spear fishing in Weymouth this August. Does anyone have any tips on where or where not to go? Would like to hear from anyone who has tried there.

Regards.

Hello,

I'm new to this site and will be spear fishing in Weymouth this August. Does anyone have any tips on where or where not to go? Would like to hear from anyone who has tried there.

Regards.

Weymouth is one of the best places in Britain for spearing 'cause all you have to do is get on a ferry to Guernsey :) .

Dave

Reactions: Mr. X
Hello,

Regards.

Most of Portland Bill is excllent, some of Chesil; you can sneak about the inner arms of harbour but you might get told off by harbour master. There's plenty of guys on this foum who know the area well, hopefully they will give some input.

So anyone been brave enuff to go in the water yet?

Spearing not that good as been rain...but diving very good..

But hay last time i went out shot and 8lb makrel for reds snaper around 2lb and a blak snaper of around 25lb!!!best ever..
Just thought id boast as ded chuffed!

Hope all well and looking foward to hopfuly spear with afew of u wen i get bak in april

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT