• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

christchurch dorset

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
So im resting up a bit as been a bit krook.

So i thought as i had time id add a couple of pics of spearin christchurch.

Got the shrimp and mussels the day before. Shrimp were in a trap and well the mussels are in a spot thats lets say are right under the commercial fisher dudes noses!!!

Went on a night dive in the harbour and shot the useal 5 flounder....It is always 5 or 1 nothing else...not even 0...well not yet...(touch wood!)

Was flapping around in the shallows when this big shiny head pops up. I head shot it with my 40cm buetcht. The rubbers are a little old and mullet have a solid head so not taking any chance i jumped on the fish. It was stunned until i did that. I coped a beating it even head butted me. It came to just under 9lbs

Enjoyed it with the girl frend and her brother (asleep on in the background!)

Attachments

• IMG_6209.jpg
    IMG_6209.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6257.jpg
    IMG_6257.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6531.jpg
    IMG_6531.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_6538.jpg
    IMG_6538.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6542.jpg
    IMG_6542.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Hey Jimy,

did you get those flounder from the harbour or out on Avon Beach?

Cheers,

Rick

Got the big mullet and flounder in the harbour. Iv got a load more pics but cant find all the good ones on black bream bass and red mullet. Did you ever move to southborn?

Nope im Living in New york. The bass get to 60lb hear though i still miss uk spearing.

If you want a easy night dive for your fist time go in the harbour as you can stand up 98% of the time and i usally am in for an hour and shot enough flatys. Ul prob see sammon and usaly sea trout so dnt shoot the sammon but sea trout well.....

Any luck with those striper bass mate? Seen some beauties on USA spearo sites! Wot u doing in New York?

Im waiting for my work papers then commercial diving.
There is some grate diving around NY. My girl freind got her first fish with a RA gun she won in the dorset pairs comp.
I mis the uk winter spearing and those grate shellfish

Best of luck with the work mate - I have always thought the viz in mudeford harbour was too bad? Where did you usually dive?

By the run or in it if no boat. If no rain for a few days its grate. Night dive off the marshes.
Well done on the brill nice fish

No a trap off near long groin on hengastbury head... south bourn side. Get some nice velvit crabs. There is not many in the harbour.

I used to get a load of cocels and a few clams out of the harbour but this year all dead.

Milkman and surf...Were did you get that soles over near Bmouth?

Ok. Hi all. Just got chance to make a post.....
So i came over 3weeks ago for a funeral and of course bought the dive gear with. So i jumped in the harbor for a night dive looking for flaties but sadly the vis went from grate in the day when i walked the dog to crap.
To my surprise i saw several small bass around a lb! One swam right under me. I did see one mud puff tho i am not sure it it was a flatie or o another freaked out bass!!!

Was nice to get in the water on the right side of the pond! Have miss the UK this winter as there is 0 fish in the winter here from sept'ish till june'ish!!!!

Regards ALL

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT