• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Christmas Dooooooooo 12 Jan 08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I'm not sure yet Alix, Pen and I are still working out the details. I think it's a safe assumption that there'll be plenty of lifts going from London, you should be right.

Atlantic prawn and crayfish cocktail
Roast crispy goose breast with bramley apple stuffing, confit pressed leg and a port jus
and Dark chocolate torte with raspberry chantilly cream
Thanks Sam you're a star!
x

OK - we have 22 for the Christmas Do - if your name's on the list, your order is in. Please turn up otherwise I'll have to pay for you!

If your name is not here, and you'd like to come, please tell me as soon as you can...

Sam
Mr Crocs
Mark
Laura
George
Alix
Dave K and Vicki
Tessa
Ben and Penny
Liv
Lammy
Tom and Tracy
Simon and Kerry
Mandy
Tim
Hardest Dave
Katie G
Kerri G

Don't forget to bring a wrapped pressie.... worth about £10.... something anyone on this list would like... preferably not something your auntie gave you for christmas and you didn't like... : ) and if you bring one, you get one back.....

oh yeah, and if you want a present, I reckon you have to dive, or at least shiver a bit on the edge of the lake

fancy dress divewear if you are brave enough

meet at 1pm at NDAC on Saturday 12 Jan, dinner in the evening at The Boat

S
x

So... how cold is the water usually at this time of year :D I'll be diving regardless
Brill! I will see you all there, can't wait.

Well from memory, its very cold!!!!!

Shame I can't come see you all, we miss the do by a week, fly back to Cyprus on the
4th.... never mind, have fun everyone.

Have a fab Xmas and a deep, safe and happy 2008.

Donna and Martin xx

:D January's log book entry says 4 degs at depth and 6 - 8 on the surface. Thermocline rides high in the winter :martial ,so you'll be feeling the freeze one way or another. Not that there's much in the winter thermocline. Now that warms my heart in a twisted kinda way - it takes me two days to thaw my bones when The Angels are in town. And you won't be needing Angels this session ... Sweet!! Very sweet rofl
x

maybe we should demand Angels??? what you reckon folks??? they're invited to dinner and fair's fair and all that ; )

Damn and blast :rcard. I've just realised that I'm double booked this weekend - I have to work over the weekend, so we're gonna have to pull out I'm afraid. So sorry, was really looking forward to this, it's been far too long since I saw any of you lot. If we're financially committed, then let me know.

Balls :vangry

Just want to say a very Happy Christmas too all and a great new year, I look forward to seeing you all up at SaltFree.

xxx

Hi Alix,

Sorry - been away for Chrissy and still catching up on everything. I think Pen and I will b e hiring a car, only thing is that i'll probably be hanging around for most of Sunday if Sam is doing her CPR course (have to check with her). I'll check tonight and let you know.

Cheerio,
Ben

Hey Ben, that's alright I was expecting to be hanging around on Sunday too. Thanks so much and let me know about costs, petrol and all that so I can chip in. Do you have any idea where you are staying yet?

See you soon! :D

First Aid course is on and we have some space if anyone else wants to join in - shout quick as I need to get the materials. It's £75 per person

S

Just a reminder of the plan for this weekend:

Saturday - meet at NDAC at 1pm for a dive, fancy dress optional, max depth 40m but no-one should be diving anywhere near their limits. This is a fun one, in cold, nasty conditions, please leave the record attempt genes at home and come along for a laugh!

Dinner is at The Boat, 7pm for 7.30pm. You should have already ordered and I've got a note of it all. If you'd like to be part of the traditional present giving frenzy, please bring along a gift, wrapped up, worth around £10 that almost anyone in the group would like, I can cope with the odd "please don't give this to so and so" but not if every gift is too specific! If you bring one, you get one. If you bring a partner and two gifts, you both get one back - sounds fair!

Sunday - First Aid/CPR Course at NDAC from 10am to approx 4pm. Signed up are: Laura, Mark H, Dave K, Dave M, Ben and possible Rodin.

looking forward to it (but still full of green gunk and fluey stuff which might possibly be a good enough reason to avoid the cold water)

See you there

S
xxx

Correction there Sam: fancy dress is NOT optional ;) I have my outfit, granted not the best but the one I wanted was £60 and that just wasn't going to happen.

Sam - maybe the shock therapy will clear the pipes out and do you the world of good!

Cheerio,
Ben

ps I got the EFR pack Sam, thanks for sending.

I agree, optionality shouldn't come into it! Mines not a great outfit, but it'll do the job :D

Ben, thanks for the offer, i'm sorted a lift off Dave K though from Brighton, so i'll see you there. Can't wait.

Cool, no worries Alix.

I was hoping to see a "super" character at the dip but I fear 3mm is not enough body armour even for a superhero...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT