• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Clearing sinuses effectively

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks Lil Dragonfly, I'll go get some this weekend and give it a try.
I wonder what it would be like to mist as well ? I'll let you know.
Cheers, Don Paul

Has anyone here had any success from the mangosteen juice? I've been having sinus problems while diving, not being able to equalize after 25 feet.

Same here... Have tried mangosteen juice. First time was ok but I think that it was a placebo effect. I continued drinking night before the dives but havent found any significant difference on the sinus blockages. 8 meters and bells are ringing!

I took 100pct pure juice. Not in pills form or other. I dont know if dragonfly can help us with the specific stuff.

Thanks dimitris33 for the response. Short story for me, I moved to Hawaii beginning of last year. I had only been free diving to 35' in Northern Cal where I'm from. After a few 40 and 50' dives I achieved 85'. After that I started having problems with my equalization and it has steadily become worse. I do not have the severe problems some have. I can eq down to 30 feet.

Just wanted to see if others were currently taking homeopathic remedies with success?

I have been drinking a shot of pure Magosteen juice in the AM before I do yoga, and breath hold walks. My month long blockage on my right nostril opened up.Could be the juice but could be lack of pollen as it is winter. I like the taste of the juice so I'll keep using it just the same.

Cheers, Don

Tests should be done in spring and summer season. I dont have any problems during winter but when the spring comes everything is blocked..., itried mangosteen last summer with no serious success. Maybe we should drink large quantity but this will make us poor! Its so expensive..
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the same issues, turns out I have a major Gluten allergy and certian perfumes...mostly in Tide,Downey and Bounce laundry products. So much... at exposure I develope light and sound sensetivities and my throat starts to constrict. Isnt getting old wonderful.

Cant wait to get in the water again and see if I cant go deeper than 15ft.

Jas

I agreed w/ FFLUPO. I live in South Florida, recently my allergies got worst. Pollen, dust, smoke from wild fires + pollution irritate my nasal passages, and to top it off dairy products have the same effect as well. I have notice that when I consume cheese(s) that have a longer aging process my allergy will be a stronger episode.

I take "sudafed", usually the 30 mg. in order to contrarest the allergy fast; otherwise my ubula gets ellongeted (stretches down), and it's quite uncomfortable! As far as to do sinus flushes, I will get a sinus infection within 2-3 days.

That's curious about the mangostein juice... I'll have to pick some up before my next dive trip. I wonder what's in it that helps clear sinuses. I found this though, which gives some info.

The video that azapa posted was interesting as well. When I used the neti pot it was just in the right side, drain to the left, and then reverse, letting it flow out. I didn't do any of her movements at all.

Hey, what's up! I did a quick research and the mangosteen is a natural anti-inflamatory, among other things. That's why if used the day before and day of works better. Anyways, I still looking for other remedies.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT