• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Comments on Cressi Big Eye

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Omer

hi

I just got a omer abyss tinted and was told that the tinted is good in clear water, now Andrsn said that their not that good please tell me i didn't waste $100.

cheers

anderson who?

aww, don't pay attention to him, ivan...:D

Personally, I like the tint, especially when the clear water goes murky, or you're in the water in the early hours of the day.
$100 bones?! ouch.

sven

Anderson.......What the hell does he know... Don't take advice from a guy that acts like a girl on prom nite when he goes on a dive. He changes in and out of more costumes than the late great Liberache:D

Some time ago I was given a Sea View scuba mask with red/pink lenses .Great vision u/w .
Would I be able to have the lenses re-cut to fit my Superocchio 's?

Probably, Abri. Take them and a crisp $20 down to the "glasses in an hour" place, grease the palm of the asst manager and all you need then is the patience to fit them into the Cressi frames.

sven

ivan,

the tinted are great if you've got the light and viz. don't think they're bad. it just adds a little negative safety factor cause your buddy can't see whether or not your eyes have rolled back in your head. :(

for hunting, i think the abyss w/ the yellow tint is one of the best masks on the market today. just a tad bigger than the target, superocchio, dessault, samauri, etc. and w/ a better field of view. :) still quite a bit lower volume than the big eyes. but, when it comes to enjoying reefs and stuff all around you, nothing compares to the BE's. :cool:

andrsn

Where are you buying your equipment

I bought my Omer Abyss Tinted for 30 Euros = 30 Dollars from Spain. They are quite good even when it gets dark. Could have a bit more room for nose. What is it with masks and small nose pockets??? Pisses me off.

The Minima seems to have the exact same range of peripheral vision as the Sporasub Samurai (at least on my face). Unfortunately, the minima is a little restricted in its vertical field of view. I find myself having to move my head a lot if I'm looking for something and it's a little annoying. That and the oversized nose pocket are my only two beefs.

I tried the Samurai and preferred it for shallow depths due to it's stiffer skirt. However, the minima's soft skirt really seems to pay off at depth -- the mask just squishes inward w/o building much of a pressure differential w/ the surrounding water (i.e. squeezing your eyeballs out) -- and the reduced volume leaves that much less to equalize.

As far as the minima's sucky, flimsy, overly-long strap goes, I just got a beefy silicone replacement strap and rammed it in there -- works fine. In fact, the heavier strap never "creeps" and the extra tension probably reduces the volume a bit. The original strap is now my spare in case the main strap goes (doubtful!).

All in all a lucky purchase. The more I read, the happier I am that I bought one.

I found mainly Cressi Minima and Beuchat Mundial as suggestions in this thread. Now I read about the Cressi Horizon 4 that it has also low volume. How does it compare to other masks?

pi

cressi horizon...

no, it's not low volume, and is significantly larger in volume than the bigeyes. also, there's quite a bit of drag associated w/ turning your head side to side underwater.

i have 2 of them and only let people "new" to snorkeling use them because they look high tech, are comfortable and don't crowd your face. :t

later,
anderson

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT