• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

COMPETITION: Fish of the Month (UK Mainland)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Send some of his buddies down torbay way mate. Very nice

by the way VERY NICE choice in fins, I got a pair in November last year.

You gotta be in it to win it. Well win one of these actually. :)

Dave

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 243
My neck hurts from trying to read the boxes behind those amazing FOM trophys:) Half life hey?

That's quite a haul Dave, and it's not even June yet... ;)

Good work.

Can I clear some thing up please in case it becomes an issue? Night diving season's started and I was wondering if fish taken at night qualify for FOM.
I know many regard night diving only as food gathering and I personally wouldn't shoot a bass at night - I don't need to, though I wouln't criticise anyone who chooses to.
So what does anyone think about the FOM competition? Is it better to limit it to daytime fish? Do we need a poll?

If you photographed your fish alongside the Daily Bugle rather than the Evening Standard no one would ever know rofl

Some people might do that too but if I did it I would know. That's what counts really. After all, we've only got each others word that fish entered really weighed what we said they did but how could we have any pride in an "FOM" if we know we lied to get it.

Reactions: scottwilson
I'm sure we talked about this before and even if it wasn't on line I know Foxfish considered this when he proposed the FOM. It was agreed that night diving catches were okay. If people don't like it then they don't need to vote for those catches. The beauty of the FOM is that it's by popular vote.

Dave

Dave is right - this was discussed amongst the db staff & decided by majority that night dive caught fish would be acceptable.

Paddy, great fish. However, wrong place - click on the link July FOM at bottom of this post.

Now the bad news. As I understand the rules well rule 1. anyway, you have not been a member long enough to qualify for this months FOM as you only joined DB this month.

Follow the link and read the rules in Glowworms first post and see if I got this right.

Great fish and great catch.

Dave.

Just realised there were no fish in July FOM and I've eaten my mullet :( I didn't take a pic with the paper (I don't buy papers).

Is it really necessary to use a paper? I mean I am 100% sure I could photoshop the paper into the image (I got some puter skillz ;) ) but I am 100% certain I can not change the EXIF data which would seem to me to be a more certain way to determine the date (and time) of the catch?

EXIF information

Enter it anyway BobD...

Actually i'm pretty sure you can edit the EXIF information quite easily using e.g. EXIFER (out of date now) or another program. I think its more of a fun/trust thing (isnt it?).
I dont think the rules require a paper, just a date, e.g. computer screen.

Just realised there were no fish in July FOM and I've eaten my mullet :( I didn't take a pic with the paper (I don't buy papers).

Is it really necessary to use a paper? I mean I am 100% sure I could photoshop the paper into the image (I got some puter skillz ;) ) but I am 100% certain I can not change the EXIF data which would seem to me to be a more certain way to determine the date (and time) of the catch?

EXIF information

hi Bobdonny.

Cant photoshop a paper in mate sorry :)

As per rule No. 2

2. All entries to be accompanied by a photo. The photo must contain an item (e.g. a local newspaper) dated on the date of the catch.

The FOM does work on trust and we trust that the pictures posted have not been manipulated with photoshop or fiddled with ( other than colour correction or deleting number plates etc...)

Any problems please dont hesitate to contact me :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT