• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Computer games with freediving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am lucky today - although I do not search for games at all (I never play PC games) - diving related games pop up on me today wherever I move (not even on diving related websites). So there is a third gaming post today:

Nintendo is going to launch their new game console Wii in two weeks, and one of the games ready for this brand new platform is a diving related game called Forever Blue (there is no information about the game yet on Nintendo's website - the link goes to WikiPedia). You can also see 5 seconds sequence from the game in the Nintendo Wii game compilation trailer - click the image below (it is between seconds 00:24 and 00:29 of the trailer):

so where are the freedive/scuba/spearfishing/treasure hunt games now !! we need to petition some game designer to make one :)

Well, I do not know the mentioned games personally, but at least the game [ame="http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3938760680/028-7769298-3266151?ie=UTF8&tag=apneabase-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creativeASIN=3938760680"]Mission[/ame] looks like a treasure hunting game. Its German title is "Schatztaucher" what means Treasure Diver. And I bet that there are some treasure hunting features in some of the other games too.

Magpie posted a link to a spearfishing game in [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?p=619005#post619005"]another thread[/ame]:

The new Monkey Ball game on the Wii has a mini game which is spearfishing. It's pretty amusing, you use tridents to spear your player's coloured fish. I have a photo of the screen whilst my friend was playing it if anyone is interested in seeing, it's not an amazing photo, but I'll post it later once I have downloaded it from my phone.

Martin

Here's a photo I took of the screen with my phone, you can see one of the tridents, and a couple of fish, sorry the quality isn't great, I have small video too, but can't upload it here.

Martin.

Attachments

• monkeyspearfishing.jpg
    monkeyspearfishing.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 185
i want somethin where i can take a 6 band bluewater gun an blast the hell out of baitfish with !!! lol

Been playing the next generation MMORPG Age of Conan. I am simply amazed by the freediving in this game. Really long dives to SUPER deep with a blackout meter when running low on air. This has to be the best game I have seen thus far to freedive in. I am playing on deathwhisper under the name skinflik if anyone wants to come check it out. I will try and get some screenshots of the diving I have been doing and post them soon.

Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures

Seth

Well, the game Spearfishing was already introduced here on DB by the manufacturer, but since the text was in Russian, and posted in a wrong forum, I doubt many of you noticed it. Just before the Christmass, it might be interesting though, so I am reposting it here. The manufacturer, the Biart company from Russia is specialized in UW games, and is coming also with a new one on the market - Deep Black. Besides it, it offers also couple of other games:

The Spearfishing game

(PC, Xbox 360, Play Station 3, PSP)
sf_cover.jpg

Deep Black

(PC, Xbox 360, Play Station 3)
dblack_1.jpg dblack_2.jpg deepblack_2010-08-20_19-30-28-52.jpg

Reef Aquarium Minis

(Play Station 3, PSP)
ENgine_2010-04-19_23-43-38-64.jpg

Diver: Deep Water Adventures

(PC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Endless Ocean 2: Blue World for the Wii is amazingly awesome. You salvage underwater treasure, give guided tours, train dolphins for shows, and even take photographs for diving magazines! You get to explore huge, detailed maps in location throughout the globe. Unfortunately, it's all scuba diving...

Yeah we have Endless Ocean 2 as well Tony. It's a very relaxing game and you can lose hours playing it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT