• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

creatine for apnea

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
This thread has not been active for a few years so wondering where everyone is at on this subject today, I started using creatine a few weeks ago, first was a monohydrate version, I got the headaches others talked about the first few days but they went away after I caught up with the hydration-you really do have to drink a buttload of water with that stuff-it was a preworkout energy type product so it had tons of caffiene, taurine etc. but this didnt effect dives negatively which seemed counter intuitive, then switched to ethyl ester but agian it was from a fitness place and loaded up with caffiene, this one did effect dives negatively(very jittery especially noticeable on glides) not shure what additive was the culprit as thier were so many, so I ordered pure pharmeceutical grade ethyl ester(no additives) which I just got
and havent tried yet but expect will work well, I can say tho the difference in muscle recovery, pool durations,lack of fatigue, and even comfort level of dives has been amazing, at one of the nutrition stores I was at said CEE was not fasionable anymore and the higher end products were not even creatine anymore, should have writen down some of the stuff, so wondering if anyone is trying any of the other stuff, or still taking ethyl ester

When this thread started we were talking about creatine ethyl ester hydrochloride.

Since then newer forms have emerged like creatine ethyl ester malate, and creatine nitrate. Creatine nitrate is the newest and I know body builders rave about it, but it seems somewhat suspicious since inorganic nitrates are generally considered toxic (i.e. nitrate preservatives in meat!) So personally I would stay away from the nitrate form.

When I worked out alot I used to sway from firm believing in all supplemental power to almost a complete denial. There were times when I was walking out from GNC store loaded with 300$ worth of stuff. I ended up with a few lessons after all that enthusiastic period of bodybuilding. Eating well has no substitutes, no matter how good your protein shake is it is just not a slab of meat. I quit almost everything and left only creatines, glutamines (surprised aren't we) and vitamines. For some reason, taken together different kinds of creatine brands and glutamines in one mix of sugary shake worked its magic. If case of me getting back in shape after lengthy hybernation this mixture was nothing short of steroids. This spring I am plannng on getting back into some bodybuilding routine and will be using creatines again. Will be interesting to see how will that reflect on my apnea performance. So far I noticed apnea training alone is pretty weak sport, not stand alone kind.

I used creatine monohydrate some years ago for resistance training, didn't notice any worthwhile benefits and ended up all bloated and got some real sore kidneys... won't be bothering to try it again.

Reactions: Mr. X
I think that the increased water volume in the body from creatine would increase the body buffering capacity of Co2. I want to try this theory and In general the effect it has on energy system.

I do weight training around November December January just because other training is usually hard to do in winter. I will use creatine monohydrate just because it's what most people do and feel its more tested.
My question is if I do a loading phase in winter I will have to take it till July August to maintain the physiological state it induced? Or could I do a loading phase in early summer (but with limited gym work but serious aerobic training). Would it work in both scenarios? Which way should I go?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT