• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi comanche 100

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Pelagos?

Murat, why pelagos? The only difference i could see between aqua, pelagos and tahiti is that one of them has double bands... So i thought i`d best take the most versatile of them.

My brother had that idea a week ago that some DB people could meet for holidays... Very good idea in my opinion. We could just meet in the middle! Could someone please contact totem for that sponsoring thing, hehe:cool:
No seriously, why not? What`s your plans for summer?

greets, joe

Getting big and bigger...

Oh i forgot...why 100cm? Well, yes, i see that with a shooter like that one should do it for real or not at all and take 120cm, it`s a real man`s gun innit? But then i thought if everyone told me to buy 110 or 90 euro and a 75 for caves i thought that 100 tahiti would be all of them in one. Do i really need 75? I mean i almost never did any cave shooting because there were either no caves or no fishes in them...
I dove in corsica (westcoast) and it seemed like fishes are small (0.5 up to 5kg max), shy breams. One day i saw something that looked like some kind of dentex-king`s makerel bastard way out of range. Tried to shoot it with my 55 but it was ridicoulus, the spear fell on the sand halfway between me and the fish. That was when i thought i need a longer gun! So folks, 110cm (6.5mm spear, both bands makes 7m eff. range?)

Sincerely, joe :hmm

Hey Joe,

Here are the main differences between the Aqua, Pelagos and Tahiti guns:

Aqua is the true wooden representation of the eurogun. Slimline squarish barrel with a single band and comes with a 6mm shaft. This is the gun of choice for short range hunting(murky water), cave hunting and rough water (current) fishing.

The Pelagos has an oval shaped barrel and is the gun of choice for Aspetto for mediterranean species. THe oval barrel and single band allows for fast sidetracking (less water resistance), great vertical stability, a heavier barrel than Aqua means less recoil and fast reloading speed.

The Tahiti is like an Aqua on steroids. THe beefed up barrel alows for super rigidity and great offset of the recoil generated by the power of 2 bands. THE neutral biouyancy makes it a joy to use. That fish you saw in the distance would have been yours:D

Shane

Hey groats if you don't do cave hunting, of course you will not need 75cm gun. But why you bought 55cm then?

If you will hunt 0.5kg bream, do you really think that you can hit them in 7 meters? Hovewer 5 meter is good enough for small fishes. With two bands you can not shoot easily in close distance. Two band means longer load time (which is very importyant if you are after small breams), more recoil which is uncomfortable after many shoots. Thats my opinion you better if you ask to fabrizio about it. For sure he will give you best answer about his guns...

No final decision in sight...

I bought the 55 because i was in the shop to buy a new weightbelt, saw the guns there and thought Why not? I took the one i had enough cash for in my pocket, simple as that. Now i know i would better have saved that cash, but i don`t want to throw the gun away now either.
If i don`t need the two-band-power of the tahiti every time then i don`t have to load both of them all the time as well... Maybe you`re right and the pelagos has already enough of power for me. I decided to wait with that purchase and think about it again as i anyway won`t see salty water again until spring or even summer (my winter plans all soddin failed). Maybe I`ll manage to go to Italy this summer and say hi to fabrizio...

Greets and sorry for the endless hassle, joe

If you will have the opportunity to see the totem shop than wait for it ;) you will save the shipment aswell. IMO get as much knowledge as possible for the "project" gun for your self ;)

I'm looking to buy the cressi comanche 110cm. I'm living in Bali, Indonesia and there are not many spearos here. Looking to start up a small community.

I can't find the thread on "Barrel flex" or what you mentioned about the cressi comanche 110cm. where is it?

Well you might find it difficult to find that particular thread because this thread is 7 years old, however just use the search button for info on "barrel flex"

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT