• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DB spearo 'world series'

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the concern Icarus, but the first thing I did after getting out of the water was to go buy a new tip, and I had the guys at the dive shop put it on and I made DAMN sure they used plenty of threadlock! :-D Looks like tomorrow I will be going with a couple people I met here in the forums to a much better place, hopefully I will make up for today's mishap.

get wet today after 6 month:cool:

swim more than 3 hours but even couldn't pull the trigger sea was like desert:waterwork :waterwork :waterwork

Next time may be at deeper spot:waterwork

yeah same here, my last trip I saw only crabs and jellyfish... going back this saturday hopefully there will be some fish around

What happened here? So much enthusiasm then zilch???? Is anone interested in resurecting this idea? I may be able to russle up some prizes to the winners. Have to be an official DB comp and properly organisedand all but possible if anyone is interested, let me know (either here or by PM) and its on :) just give us a bit of time to sort out the details

Im In
As soon as winter pisses off and the 6 Meter swell drops and we can actually get in the water.

Crusty

Hi Alison

I still think it has potential, but between me throwing foward the idea, and the start of the year, a bunch of PM's followed and I think it just got too technical, and the initiative was lost. I will take the blame for letting it slip, but a job change happened at around the time for me, and forced my attention elsewhere.

BUT...I am ready and willing to launch this thing, I still think the emphasis should fall not on serious comp, but just a chance to have the 'whole world' out hunting on one pre-set weekend a month, and the pictures / style of the the hunt on monday determines the winner. IE, emphasis on fun, seeing where our DB friends hunt, and if your region has a bad weekend, well, it's gonna happen to someone else on another weekend .
Just ny few cents worth Alison ?? :D

I was thinking on the lines of rather than it being just on one weekend but spread out over a longer period of time so that everybody gets a fair crack of the whip without forcing themselves into the water in unfavourable conditions. Obviously there is going to have to be a serious look at the rules and conditions for this if its going to happen but we are looking at it.
Its a shame you didnt stick with it, anyway as I said, we are looking into it now and we are looking for a major sponser to supply some first rate prizes, so fingers crossed and if anyone remembers any of the problems you ran into please PM me :)

Just an update to wet your appetites :p
We have had a major sponser come forward for this, with some very very good prizes, so watch this space as they say and get your aim in ;)

Then this gonna be hot challange :) Its to bad i am going for military servise at the end of the year :waterwork But who knows may be i do it near the sea :)

Oh no! :( Is that 6 months like Memo did?
I hope the competition will be an ongoing thing, so as one finishes another will start, so if you miss this one you can catch up with another :)

no it will be a YEAR long :waterwork All i want is doing it somewhere near the sea and may be the officers let me dive when i catch fish for them :)

crusty said:
Im In
As soon as winter pisses off and the 6 Meter swell drops and we can actually get in the water.

Crusty

awww come on crusty you disappoint me ;)

Alison said:
Just an update to wet your appetites :p
We have had a major sponser come forward for this, with some very very good prizes, so watch this space as they say and get your aim in ;)

Alison well done on getting that sponsor, i don't think we should waste anymore time.
Put up some basic rules on the contest board, here are a few to start to get some suggestions :D (just copied from spearo contests) (says she who doesn't even know how to hold a gun)

Do a start date, say tomorrow!~!! 1 October - 1 March, let the photos and stories roll in....

CONTESTANT ELIGIBILITY

1. Minimum age of 18 years.
2. Entrants must apply with a written description of their experience to the organizer.
3. the maximum number of contestants, if any, is to be decided by the organizer.
4. There must be allowance for a minimum of 10 different countries to compete.
1. Scores will be tabulated at the rate of 1 points per kilo/pound weight dependent on the system of measurement in the host country. No bonus points.
2. No maximum weight.
3. In the event of a tied place, the competitor with the largest fish breaks the tied place.
5. A maximum of 6 fish per contestant is allowed to be recorded over the duration of the meet. Once a competitor has weighed in a species, he cannot weigh in another of that species (no upgrading).
Photos should be of catch hung with spearo?
Photos to appear with date (digital cameras)

etc etc
come guys this could be an amazing comp with a chance to win some excellent prizes :friday

island_sands said:
Do a start date, say tomorrow!~!! 1 October - 1 March, let the photos and stories roll in....
Unfortunately its more likely to be January 1st as we need to get the thing organized properly and we need to work with the sponser to ensure total fairness, something they are very keen on :) So patience guys :D

island_sands said:
Photos should be of catch hung with spearo?
Does Deeper Blue need to add a disclaimer here?

I dont know mate at the moment, we're in deep discussion about it as we speak but whatever, everybody will be playing on a level pitch by means of comparison to a reference of the spicies record weight or something along those lines, otherwise it would only take one person to hit a couple of tuna and the european guys have no chance rofl However I suspect that there may be seperate catagories as our sponser has offered a special prize for a world record Pelagic fish.
Sorry I cant say anymore than that at present apart from please be patient and it will definitely happen :D

johnny said:
Cool what a great idea :cool: good effort,thanks.

watching this space :)

bluecape came up with the idea .... you need to take your hat off to him :)
we'll see if we can get it off the ground soon :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT