• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.net Forums back ONLINE and UPGRADED!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
After many weeks of pain, sweat, lack of sleep and increase in coffee intake I can proudly welcome you to the new and improved DeeperBlue.net Forums! Before you take the forums for a spin I have a few pointers for you.

• First off, you may want to review the FAQ http://forums.deeperblue.net/faq.php which explains most of the major features on the board.
  • For most of you, you will want to update your Avatar and your Personal Photo via the User CP.
  • You may also want to setup a daily or weekly email digest to keep you “up to date” with what’s going on in your favorite threads. The new forum software will let you subscribe to threads in a whole new way; you can be emailed for every post, for entire forums and much, much more, all in a digest manner.
  • Forums also work in a threaded mode for those of you who prefer a bbs style board.
A few things to note that:
  • The Karma System has now been taken offline pending a major overhaul. This system caused quite a lot of discussion over the years and when it re-appears we will let you know how it has changed.
  • USENET Posts now DO NOT appear in the "Get New Posts" option, they have been seperated out into a USENET Only new posts option.
  • We will be adding a lot of extra options to the forums over the next few weeks, including (but not limited to) expanded profiles, and RSS Feeds.
  • We are going to go through a major overhaul of our Mentor Team so if you'd like to get involved please email me through the system.
Please also be aware that our forum indexing will continue throughout the day so things may be a bit slower than usual and searching will not return complete results until later today.

As you can see the layout is a lot different and there’s drop down navigation just about everywhere. If you happen to find a problem (or can’t find where something is) please post in [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18"]http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18[/ame]. If you would like to test any new features please do so in the test forum [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68"]http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68[/ame].

This upgrade marks a major change in our site and we expect everyone will need some time adjusting to the software changes, the forum changes and all the new features. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and if you really get stuck (or can’t login), email us at support@deeperblue.net.

Thank you for your patience with the upgrade; I know a lot of you were eager to get back on. Your feedback is more than welcome to let us know what you think!

Last edited:
Excellent Work!!!!

Excellent work on the upgrade of the forum, just finished a quick tour. must say it is truely A+ Class!!!!!! very user friendly, looking very neat and sexy ;)

Must say thank you for this excellent forum, it has been an excellent place to learn, expand our knowledge and meet some excellent people allong the way...

You are the :king !!!

regards

Nesim

Well done, old man. Good to see the site back up and I like the new format. Personally I kind of miss the karma, mostly because I was so close to 100, but I'm sure I'll live if you decide against reinstating it. :D

Hi papa,
congratulations on the new software, its cool. and I'm happy for our pic. attachment is available now :D

Hi,

the new forum is great. :) A very good design (even if it is the VB-Standard style).
Hope that gallery will be online again soon.

good...very goood.....but where is the online chatting feature :confused:

Slick design, I guess all websites need to be overhauled form time to time to keep them fresh.
I have a question.
How many Pix are we allowed to upload?
I have 7 pix and I am not allowed to post anymore, 1.34 Mb used.
Is this a limit or will it be increased later?

Hi Everyone!

We're still working out the teething problems with the site so bear with us! However keep the info flowing in!

To answer specific points:

emilius22 said:
Hope that gallery will be online again soon.
The Gallery has to go through a major upgrade as well and integrates directly with the forums so we had to complete this first! I personally aim to start work on it this week.

Murat said:
good...very goood.....but where is the online chatting feature
We are in the process of implementing the upgraded chat room software into the site right now. Within 48 hours you'll see the chat back online as well as new funky features :)

Huan said:
How many Pix are we allowed to upload?
I have 7 pix and I am not allowed to post anymore, 1.34 Mb used.
Is this a limit or will it be increased later?
The image upload facility is vastly improved. The system now allocates a quota to each person (we're still tweaking but have set it at 2Mb for Normal Users) dependent on their user group. Upload file sizes and image sizes are now checked on upload and you are warned if you are exceeding your upload limit in either. The system is now set to allow a max image size of 800x800 pixels. If you want to upload larger images we suggest that you use the gallery software when it comes back online.

We're going to be offering expanded facilities on uploads, private messaging, and various other features when we introduce Paid Subscriptions later this year. This feature will mean that for a small (i.e. 2 - 5 USD per month) fee you will gain extra features in exchange for supporting the site. Rest assured though that normal conversations as you've come to expect and enjoy here will always be free - you'll only pay the small subscription if you want to help support the site as well as gain extra functionality.

Can you put the last 10 posts back on the homepage please :D XX :D Apart from that fine, no problem, though I'm sure the loss of the karma will upset those who liked to wave it around like a ray gun ;)

Good job Papa!!! It took a while to get used to this layout, but its looks great! :p

We're going to be offering expanded facilities on uploads, private messaging, and various other features when we introduce Paid Subscriptions later this year. This feature will mean that for a small (i.e. 2 - 5 USD per month) fee you will gain extra features in exchange for supporting the site. Rest assured though that normal conversations as you've come to expect and enjoy here will always be free - you'll only pay the small subscription if you want to help support the site as well as gain extra functionality.
What exactly do you mean in extra function, could you list a few, I might be interested in contributing... :)

Murat said:
good...very goood.....but where is the online chatting feature :confused:
The chat function is now back online. You can get to it via the Nav Bar at the top of the page. We'll be adding a link to the Chat Module on the main page as well.

Please bear in mind that you need to be a registered forum user to utilise the Chat Module.

Nice work Stephan & CO.! Personally, I am not going to mourn the loss of the Karma system since I managed to receive my first negative (and naturally unsigned - :vangry) karma recently. It was also used to terrorize more than a few people....

Bret

Oh thank you -- I was thinking what happen with the forum?

bueno saludos

Im back

Daniel.

I like the new layout, but how do I post more pics if I already exceeded my limit from before the overhaul? Should I delete the old ones? If so, how? Thanks dude.

Lutz,

I've checked your account and you have 10 attachments across the forums, many of which are very large (600Kb - 1Mb) and this is what has caused the system to prevent you from posting more. I would strongly recommend that you look at each post and reduce the size of the images on there (in both pixel size as well as file size).

Here are a list of your largest attachments:
Let me know if you need further help in reducing the size of your attachments.

Cheers!

The updated forum looks awsome. I tried to find the print function that would produce a printable version of a thread but I couldn't locate it. Is it still available, I usually print threads so that I can read them while commuting.

It sure is! Click on the "Thread Tools" option at the top of the thread and it'll display a fly-out menu with Printable Version on there.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT